Gambol High School
TEACHERS AT GAMBOL HIGH SCHOOL, GAROWE
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR SECONDARY TEACHERS
|Position||No of teachers|
|Islamic and Arabic Teacher||2 teachers|
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Period: One Academic Year with Possible Extension
Probation Period: Four months (One-Term)
Location: Gambol High School, Garowe
ABOUT GAMBOL HIGH SCHOOL
Gambol secondary school is one of the public secondary schools in Puntland that operates since late of 1970s. It locates at Garowe, the capital city of Puntland. It offers both arts stream and science stream in order to fulfil students’ needs and follows structure of the curriculum of Puntland State of Somalia. It is the first secondary school in the Nugal region and one of first secondary schools in Puntland after the collapse of the central government. It was aimed to enhance administrative and teaching effectiveness. Thus, the school looks for qualified teachers who will contribute to both administration and teaching efficiency.
Teachers will be responsible for planning and delivery of lessons in effective ways as well as creating a conducive class atmosphere and counseling service for students. They are required to prepare students for the future through active teaching such as problem-solving, inquired-based and critical thinking methods accordingly. Teachers are also required to change the lives of the students by motivating them and equipping them with multi-tasking skills. Responsibilities of teachers are included the following:
- Lesson preparation and delivery and encouragement of active learning.
- Preparation of scheme of work and Lesson plan of the specific subjects.
- Maintain obvious rules and students’ discipline in accordance with disciplinary system of the school
- Assess students at regular basis and continues assessment test, mid-term exams and assignments.
- Participate co-curricular activities and any task assigned by the management.
- Prepare and keep necessary records according to the school rules and regulations.
- Report to school administration about progress and weaknesses of the students and any problems he/she faces.
- Bachelor of education in the subject(s) to be taught.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in secondary school.
- Experience in teaching Puntland Curriculum.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
How to Apply
All potential candidates are invited to apply this post by sending their application letter, CV with 3 reference persons, academic certificates, experience testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC. to email@example.com& firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11th July 2021 and a subject line “ Arabic/Islamic, History-Geography or business teacher”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs