SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary Accountant – Mogadishu (Heliwa), Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Accountant
Report to: Area Finance Officer
Location: Mogadishu (Heliwa)
Under the supervision of Area Finance Officer, the Accountant is responsible for receiving payments made to the program, depositing cash and cheques received to bank account, effecting cash and cheques payments as per the directives thereon. Further the Accountant carries out the activities of journalizing and posting of income and expenditures, debit and credit of various accounts timely and appropriately. He/she assists in the closing of accounts and preparation of financial statements.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Reviews disbursement requests for accuracy, documentation and validity; effect payment to the right vendor from the right project.
- Reviews accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
- Recording of all program location financial transactions into the SOS financial recording and meeting all submission dates and reporting requirements as required.
- Assures accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
- Organizes and maintains an accounting filling system;
- Follows-up on status with the Social Security (Pension) and Tax departments. Including depositing the checks and routine follow-up, registering new employees at Social Security (Pension) and Tax Departments;
- Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
- Follow-up and control payable and receivable accounts.
- Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
- Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items
- Assists the Finance Manager in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the program location facilities in SOS Children’s Village Program (CVP) financial management related issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Computer training
- 2 years’ relevant work experience
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Report writing skill
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
- Ease of using computers with mastery on application soft wares such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking)
- NGO experience is advantageous
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with the subject line of the position.
The closing date is 13th May 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com