SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary Distributor (2 Positions) – Mogadishu- 1 Kahda and 1 Heliwa, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol, and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Distributor (2 Positions)
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Mogadishu- 1 Kahda and 1 Heliwa
The Distributor will be primarily responsible for the distribution, recording, and reporting of all Nutrition supplies and Systematic treatment at the respective nutrition sites. The postholder will educate beneficiaries on the correct use of health and nutrition supplies. He/she will be responsible for safeguarding all supplies on the site. In addition, the distributor provides a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients. He will be accountable for answering questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies in regards to receipts and deliveries.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming foods to verify that all items on the delivery note, packing list, or invoice have been received.
- Ensure that beneficiaries receive the exact number of food as per the beneficiary ration cards.
- Fill on the beneficiary’s ration card with any necessary writing/symbols
- In coordination with the Nutrition Supervisor, submit timely requests for transport of materials or supplies from the warehouse to the project sites.
- Examines all items received to verify that they are in good condition and conform with the specifications contained in the requisition or order form.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly distribution reports.
- Issue stock to authorized project staff, keeping accurate records of all materials issued.
- Adhere to the distribution method of the nutrition supplements
- Check the quality and expiry date of the foods/drugs to be distributed before the distribution process starts.
- Follow up the consumption of the nutrition supplies per day as well as per beneficiary counting the sachets the beneficiary comes with.
- Checks the cleanliness of the distribution room/area.
- Follow up and promotion of beneficiary hygiene practices during distribution.
- Encourage the mother-child relationship
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Certificate / Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain or any other related field
- Certification as a warehouse clerk, particularly for big companies or organizations.
- Minimum 2-year experience in a relevant position
- familiar with relevant computer applications
- Familiarity with inventory software, and able to upload data into the Organization’s systems.
- Able to pay attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email email@example.com
The closing date is 5th May, 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org