SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary Logistics Assistant – Heliwa, Mogadishu, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Logistics Assistant
Report to: Area Admin & Logistics Officer
Location: Heliwa, Mogadishu
Working under the direct supervision and guidance of the Area Admin & Logistics Officer, the logistics assistant is accountable for managing procurement, fleet, and warehouse needs for the project implementation in Banadir Location. The postholder is expected to support all tasks related to procurement activities in the area office such as planning, processing, analyzing delivery, and reporting. The employee will also be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of all the motor vehicles and generators in all the projects in the Banadir location. In addition, he/she performs a variety of administrative and routine tasks and does the Logistics duties when the Logistics Officer is not on duty.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Upon receipt of Requisitions, prepare Request for Quotation and Single Quote Documents
- Update Procurement Tracking Sheet every day and submit to Logs Officer on weekly to review and subsequently circulate to all head of departments and management at the end of each month.
- Prepare temporary and casual contact in consultation with Logs and Procurement Officer.
- Prepare Local Purchase/Service Orders and contracts in the Procurement process.
- Prepare Goods Received Note when the Supplies are received
- Ensure finalized procurement documents are timely scanned and submitted to Finance Department for payment
- Ensure proper filling system in the procurement office by organizing and updating all procurement files
- Help in facilitating and reservation logistics for location conferences, meetings and workshops
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer to identify and Prevents Potential Maintenance Problems
- Organize safe reception of goods in the organization’s warehouses
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer to ensure office supplies and office equipment are well maintained.
- Update general inventory list timely as new assets are procured.
- Provide unique tagging numbers to all SOS CVS assets in the area office and ensure to maintain an updated inventory register.
- Conduct periodic physical verification/inspection of the asset quarterly.
- Send inventory report to the Logistics and Procurement Officer monthly.
- Maintain warehouse stock list as per SOS CVS Warehouse Management Procedures.
- Ensure that all Warehouse documents are in place and approved when receiving or releasing supplies.
- Prepare Monthly Warehouse and Admin Store Stock reports
- Perform or supervise maintenance of office structure, utilities, and services, including plumbing, electrical, windows, heating and cooling, and related issues, locating and supervising outside workers as necessary
- Assist in making Data Entry- maintain filling in data in the online storage system.
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer to maintain and repairs all vehicles and generators under the projects by doing regular inspections
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer to prepare and implement a schedule of preventive maintenance tasks such as oiling and greasing which need to be carried out at regular intervals.
- Ensure that the logbooks for the generators and cars are properly filled and kept safely
- Assist in ensuring that the quality of vehicle management and allocation of drivers for daily movements, missions, and picking visitors at the airport are regularly planned and executed.
- Ensure good archiving system with all procurements documents.
- Manage daily vehicle movement for the projects and Office needs.
- Prepare monthly fleet monitoring reports including car poor report
- Ensure that all SOS CV Somalia-owned and rented vehicles are using the SOS Log sheet record properly.
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant Certificate or Diploma in logistics, supply chain and Asset Management
- At least two years’ experience and exposure to asset/ inventory, logistics, and transport management in a similar setting.
- Technically conversant with motor vehicle mechanics and maintenance
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of child rights and child protection.
- Able to pay attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 13th May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com