SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary M&E Assitant – Mogadishu (Heliwa), Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary M&E Assitant
Report to: Area M&E Officer
Location: Mogadishu (Heliwa)
The M&E Assistant will assist the Area M&E Officer at the Location office in the management of SOS Somalia location programme monitoring and evaluation. He/ she will ensure that all M&E activities are carried out in an efficient and timely fashion. The Assistant will assist in project activity monitoring, documentations, data collection, analysis as well as database management and dissemination relevant information. The Assistant will work hand in hand with field teams and stakeholders on all programme monitoring and evaluation activities & ensure that monitoring visits are meaningful and capture data sought and feed into management decisions.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Work closely with the program teams to document the projects inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts (e.g. need assessments, beneficiaries profiling, baseline survey, activity follow-up and monitoring, impact survey, project evaluation) and ensure full compliance with the SOS M&E Framework.
- From the M&E part, assist the teams in strategic planning and drafting of proposals, including need assessments, community consultations, technical design of the intervention and the budget associated.
- Assist the planning, preparation, implementation and coordination of monitoring activities including but not limited to reporting questionnaires designing, data collection and analysis.
- Participate in teams coordination meetings
- Carry out local field visits and identify challenges and inconsistencies relevant to monitoring exercises.
- Assist on timely reporting of activities for the common reporting cycles (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.)
- Ensure monitoring and documentation of project progress and project evaluation according to SOS M&E Framework.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks to the position as requested by the line supervisor
- Assist in making data entry forms and report
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in international development, public relations, program development, social studies, Statistics, M&E or other related field;
- Minimum 1years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field
- Minimum 1 years of relevant working experience in M&E design and implementation.
- At least 1 years’ experience in field project review, projects reporting and evaluation.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities Fluency in English, both written and verbal Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational activities.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
Works well under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of computer literacy (Excel proficient) Knowledge and experience in working with community and community leaders, authorities, INGOs, LNGO, and UN agencies;
- Continually demonstrates strong commitment to the organization and high motivation; and
- Extensive knowledge and experience in statistical analysis software like SPSS , STATA ,EXCEL etc
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email email@example.com
Indicating with the subject line of the position.
The closing date is 13th May 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org