SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary Stabilization Centre Assistant (2 Positions) – Mogadishu-Heliwa District
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol, and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Stabilization Centre Assistant (2 Positions)
Report to: Stabilization Centre Nurse
Location: Mogadishu-Heliwa District
The Temporary Stabilisation Center (SC) Assistant will be involved in the provision of curative services to the communities. The SC assistant is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients. The SC assistant will be responsible for the nutrition rehabilitation among admitted cases through treatment of clinical complications of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counseling.
Key Area of responsibility:
- Assist in the admission of severely malnourished children with medical complications.
- Assist in nutritional therapy of the admitted children according to protocol.
- Maintain and update the record of the admitted children.
- Arrange, organize and conduct health, IYCF, hygiene, and nutrition education sessions for the caretakers of the admitted children.
- Assist to maintain and report the sc supplies record properly.
- Taking height and weight for children in the medical center.
- Measuring weight MUAC of pregnant mothers
- Ensure immunization of all the admitted children according to IMAM protocol and guidelines.
- Explain to the mothers the reason for admission
- To undertake any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
- The SC Assistance will closely work with and report directly with the Nutrition Nurse.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nurse, Nutrition or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of SC, or had worked with Nutrition Partner for nutrition Projects.
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of child rights and child protection.
- Able to pay attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email: email@example.com
The closing date is 5th May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org