Save the Children International
Terms of Reference for The documentation of Global Parntership for Education funded programs in Somalia (Hirshabelle, South West, Galmudug, Jubbaland and Benadir)
Terms of Reference for
The documentation of Global Parntership for Education funded programs in Somalia
|Save the Children / Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education – Federal Government of Somalia
|Production of short video’s, photographs and collection of human interest stories for the GPE program
|Location of the Assignment
|All of Southern States of Somalia (Hirshabelle, South West, Galmudug, Jubbaland and Benadir)
|Time frame for the Assignment
|Document submission email
|The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) supports close to 70 developing countries to ensure that every child receives a quality basic education, prioritizing the poorest, the most vulnerable and those living in countries affected by fragility or conflict. GPE mobilizes financing for education and supports developing countries to build effective education systems founded on evidence-based planning and policies.In Somalia, the GPE funded program is designed to implement the Somali Government’s education sector priorities focusing on the pre-primary and primary education subsectors. The program aims to improve the equitable access to education, improve the quality of education outcomes for all Somali children and strengthen the education system capacity for better service delivery.
|The GPE program objectives are:
· Improving equitable access to education;
· Improving the quality of education outcomes for all Somali children;
· Strengthening the education system capacity for better service delivery.
The program focuses on the pre-primary and primary subsectors and is designed to implement the Government of Somalia’s education sector priorities. The program is implemented by two Grant Agents (Save the Children and CARE) and several implementing partners (Concern Worldwide, ALIGHT, ADRA and DAN). The program is also implemented directly by the Federal Government of Somalia’s Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education as well as the Federal Member States Ministries of Education (Hirshabelle, South West, Galmudug, Jubbaland and Benadir).
|OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
|The Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education (MOECHE), together with its Grant Agent Save the Children would like to document, through visual content (videos, photos and stories) the successes, best practices, impact, innovation and lessons learnt of the GPE program in Somalia. The content will reflect on the breakthroughs made in line with the program change objectives and outcomes outlined in the programs design.
The specific objectives of this assignment include:
|SCOPE OF WORK
|Using the high quality/latest technology, the consultant will bring the stories, images and videos of the work funded by the GPE programs bringing into forefront systems reform achieved, beneficiaries reached, programs innovations etc by exploring interactions and interviews with the project beneficiaries and key stakeholders including government officials at federal and state levels. The consultant should link together and tell a cohesive story across the programs capturing the wider picture across the various programs elements. Childrens voices must be featured in the storyline, and their experience shared.
Specifically the consultant shall:
· Undertake desk review of programs documents including proposals and reports to identify key areas of programs successes
· Develop storyboards, scripts and storylines for all the materials to be produced
· Visit the project sites and interact with the local communities and authorities who’ve been implemeting the programs
· Document programs impact, success, best practices and lessons learnt through videos, photos and creatively written stories
· Interview key program stakeholders
· Produce final high quality videos, photos and stories to be presented to programs partners, donors and stakeholders
The consultant will be provided with all the programs documents and will be briefed thoroughly on the programs and on the Federal Government of Somalia and Save the Children’s child safeguarding requirements. She/He will sign a child safeguarding policy prior to commencing work. While undertaking this assignment, the consultant will be expected to follow Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education, Save the Children and GPE media and communications guidelines
Upon the completion of the assignment, the service provider will be expected to submit footage, photos and any other documents created within the assignment to MOECHE/Save the Children. This includes but not limited to original copies of the consent, project files in FCP or Adobe format and all text in word document version including transcript of interviews conducted during the assignment.
Final content procuced MUST follow MOECHE/Save the Children/GPE branding guidelines and quality standards
|The main target beneficiaries/audience of this documentation is;
|Director of the GPE Program, in consultation with technical teams will be responsible in leading and overseeing this assignment. The ACCM team will support the process technically and provide clear map for capturing required data in an accessible manner. The programs team will provide support in identification of key areas of documentation, respondents, stakeholders, locations, and share available data including reports and success stories. The MEAL team will help in providing secondary and primary data and the process of reviewing the facts and figures of the documentation.
|REQUIREMENTS / SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THE CONSULTANT:
|Applicants are required to submit the following:
· A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable for the assignment
· Firm/company registration and profile on handling related assignment
· Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience
· Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced films or documentaries.
· Proof of previous experience for similar assignment, please attach previous signed stamped contracts.
· Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
· Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages
Please send the full required documents to the email; CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org with the email subject as “The documentation of Global Parntership for Education funded programs Southern states.” Deadline for submission is 4th May-021 at 10:00AM.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs