Vocational Trainers (7 Positions) – Kismayo, Somalia
WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
Job Advertisement – Vocational Trainers
Vacancy -7 positions
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of 7 competent Vocational Trainers
- Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, practice exercises and administrative documentation;
- Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance;
- Work with project officer to ensure that student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals;
- Participate in needs and interest assessments and regularly monitor beneficiaries’ well-being and needs;
- Establish rapport/trust with beneficiaries;
- Integrate a variety of teaching strategies and curriculum content;
- Give explanations, reasonable and appropriate assignments, and directions clearly;
- Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process;
- Perform other duties related to the Food for Training program as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Education /Vocational training
- Must have a practical skills in the either of the following fields :- Metal fabrication /tailoring /tie and dye /beauty salon or traditional weaving
- Must be fluent in English and Somali Language
- Passion for teaching and learning Process
- Self discipline
- Commitment and strong team work skills
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter; Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th April 2021. Application received after this date will not be considered.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.