Administration Assistant (Facility Management) – Garowe, Somalia
Re-Advertisement: Administration Assistant (Facility Management) G5, Garowe
Opening Date: 24th June 2021
Closing Date: 7th July 2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates are especially are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of Finance and Admin Officer and the overall direction of the Head of Area Office.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel management, Fuel management, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
- Monitor through compilation of information, the physical inspection of the premises and the
- preparation of work orders, installation and construction;
- Verify and confirm correctness of facilities related invoices, process Goods Receipt Notes/Service
- Entry Sheets promptly to ensure IPSAS compliance;
- Maintain database for leases/contracts, for timely alerts for expiry/extension as necessary;
- Custodian of all WFP inventory, maintain records of movements and balances, conduct physical count of assets/inventory. Process loan forms assets issued to staff, partners and retailers. Identify obsolete/damaged/lost items for recommendation for disposal and liaise with LPSB;
- Act as Procurement focal point for the office;
- Manage office stationery, stock and maintain up to date consumption reports;
- Acquaint with administrative standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure all administrative activities are conducted in accordance with administrative rules and regulations;
- Ensure all generators are in good working conditions all the time.
- Perform any other required duties as directed by supervisor.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
At least four years of progressive experience in administration function. Ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day-to-day work.
Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office, SAP
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 1 Year (initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
For this vacancy, priority consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs