Save the Children International
Alliance Coordinator – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Closing Date : Jun 27, 2021
|Alliance Coordinator to be seconded at the regional BoWCA’s
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations
LOCATION: Somali region, JigJiga
|POST TYPE: local
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE: The job holder will be seconded to the regional BoWCYA’s and responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the FGM and Child Marriage prevention and response activities in the Somali region. Working closely with the regional National alliance coordinators, MoWCY, BoWCAs experts and SCI project Manager and technical experts, He/she will be responsible to strengthen the regional Alliance to end FGM and Child marriage. He/She, will coordinate of child marriage prevention and response works and related research activities. The Alliance Coordinator will participate in the preparation of National and regional Alliance to end FGM and Child Marriage annual plan and works closely with the SCI and partners. He/she will ensure cross functionality and coordination across the different units including government sector offices, civil society organizations and UN agencies. He/she will be actively engage in preparation of Child marriage and FGM integration guideline development including the cascading of the guidelines to grass root level. He/she will support in the harmonization of the nation and regional family laws to advance gender equality in Somali Region.
The Alliance coordinator will provide progress reports to SCI project Manager, National alliance coordinator as per the government, SCI and donor requirement. In consultation with the project Manager, the job holder will represent the SCI gender equality project at regional and Woreda level external forums/meetings in his/her operation region as required. He/she will ensure strong linkage and integration of project activities with the government sector development plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE: The position is under the line management of the program Manager and is directly reporting to this post while he/she will have functional relationship with the respective process owner in the regional BoWCA’s and the National Alliance to End FGM and Child Marriage.
Reports to: The Program Manager with functional relationship to the process
Technical / dotted reporting lines to: National Alliance Coordinator based at MoWCY and Somali Region Bureau of Women, Children and Youth
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL: 25% of his time to intervention Woreda’s.
Obligation of the employee
The employee shall have the following obligations:
Enhance the functionality of the National alliance for ending child marriage and FGM/C.
• Coordinate the activities of the Regional alliance for ending CM and FGM/C including revitalization and establishment of strategic partnership or coalitions.
• Ensure that the Regional alliance is a dynamic structure promoting wide information sharing and encouraging synergy of the different actors’ interventions and geographic areas (including knowledge management to encourage evidence-based programming).
• Assess the capacity of the regional and district level coordination mechanisms on Anti-HTPs, implement structured capacity building interventions, provide on-going technical support, and create reporting linkage.
• Initiate innovative and participatory approaches within the Regional alliance to promote adolescent’s participation and engagement (for example as champions) as well as the mobilization of influencers for advocacy.
• Provide technical and strategic advice and prepare briefing notes on key areas of the Regional alliance work on harmful traditional practices, as that also contributes to advancing gender equality and girls/women’s empowerment.
• Follow up and coordinate the design and implementation of projects and programs related to child marriage and FGM/C.
• Initiate, facilitate/coordinate research activities to addressing FGM/C, child marriage and other harmful practices.
• Provide technical advice for strategic and programmatic undertakings of the National/regional alliance/ministry with other taskforces and mechanisms within MoWCY and other ministries/sectors (such as education, justice, health etc.)
• Initiate and lead policy and strategy review processes on ending harmful practices including child marriage and FGM/C in line with new date and evidence.
• Support the strengthening of data collection system, evidence generation and research on harmful practices including the tracking of efforts and results of the National roadmap to end CM and FGM (2020-2024).
• Support MoWCY’s convening role to bring different stakeholders and line ministries to collaborate for strengthened results and accountabilities to ending child marriage and FGM/C including for the promotion and implementation of the National roadmap to end CM and FGM (2020-2024).
• Organize strategic and evidence based advocacy events involving different stakeholders like national girls’ summit, commemoration of international day of the girl child (IDG), International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM and other international recognized dates key to progress on ending CM and FGM/C.
• Lead key Regional initiatives in relation to the National alliance to ending child marriage and FGM/C.
• Follow up the promotion and implementation of the National roadmap to end CM and FGM/C (2020-2024) including annual plans of action and resource mobilization, and recommendations of EDHS further analysis including on rates of acceleration needed to reach the government of Ethiopia’s commitment and the SDG (target 5.3).
• Assist in the development and implementation of the National child marriage and FGM integration manual.
• Establish a mechanism for sharing regular reports and updates by members and support MoWCY in consolidating evidence and learning including reports on CM and FGM/C in the country as well as lessons and good practices which should inform and serve as inputs for programming and policy level initiatives.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
|Date of issue: Author :
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs