Architect (International) – Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date 5 Jun 2021
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
In October and November 2019, moderate to heavy rains caused substantial flooding in low-lying areas along the Shabelle and Juba rivers, resulting in several deaths and significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property, and livestock. Subsequently the World Bank and the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) conducted a joint exercise to assess the losses and damage caused by the floods and to develop a strategy for immediate recovery and longer-term resilience building. As a result the Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) was formulated, a project financed by the World Bank and implemented by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the Federal Ministry of Finance (MOF).The project aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods and infrastructure in flood and drought affected areas and strengthen the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide. Our client is engaged in providing technical assistance for the project implementation by the Federal Ministry of Finance (MoF). Our client’s engagement includes the development of designs, specifications and the Bill of Quantities for the reconstruction / rehabilitation of flood damaged buildings including health facilities and government administration buildings.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Architect will be responsible for undertaking site specific investigations and the development of site plans for the proposed architectural layout plans of the selected Health Facilities. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
● Review and familiarity with the client endorsed architectural layout plans for the selected Health Facilities;
● Review of the engineering survey input including locations of the existing facilities, access roads, water points etc and the contour levels, and select the most appropriate orientation for the proposed layout plan;
● Consult stakeholders to validate the selected building orientation including undertaking site visits and stakeholder consultation meetings is required;
● Develop the final site plans indicating all existing and proposed facilities to seek the client approval and to be included in the tender documentation;
● Perform other related architectural tasks as directed by the Project Manager;
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Project Manager
Fluency in written and spoken English is required
The role has no team management responsibility
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in building architectural design is required.
- Proficiency in use of architectural drafting software such as AutoCAD/ArchiCAD or REVIT is required.
- Familiarity with building legislations and designs used in East Africa is desirable
Please make sure to submit a detailed CV demonstrating experience in TOR requested areas to avoid being disregarded for incomplete application.
How to apply
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs