Save the Children International
Area Supply Chain Manager – National Position – Garowe, Puntland Area Office, Somalia
Title: Area Supply Chain Manager – National Position
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
|Under the direct supervision of the Area Representative, the Area Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet, assets and facility contracting and maintenance aspects of Puntland Area Programme. As an integral member of the Area Senior Management Team, the Area Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day Supply Chain support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.|
Contract Duration: 12 Months
|JOB TITLE: Area Supply Chain Manager – Puntland Area Office|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain||LOCATION: Garowe, with frequent travel to field Offices|
|GRADE: 2||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|ROLE PURPOSE:Under the direct supervision of the Area Representative, the Area Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet, assets and facility contracting and maintenance aspects of Puntland Area Programme. As an integral member of the Area Senior Management Team, the Area Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day Supply Chain support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Area Representative
Technical Line: Supply Chain Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: Area Supply Chain Coordinator, Area IT Officer and technically line managing all supply chain staff in field offices.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Inventories and Stock Management
Freight Management and Customs Clearance
Filing and Reporting
Management of Communication equipment
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
Delivering Results (Accomplished)
· Maintains a broad strategic perspective at the same time as an awareness of the detail of a situation
· Establishes clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
· Creates and applies measures and metrics to track performance
· Holds others accountable for achieving results and challenges underperformance
· Demonstrates financial awareness and a concern for cost effectiveness
Developing Self and Others (Accomplished)
· Gives regular positive and constructive feedback to others
· Identifies clear development needs and development plans through regular constructive reviews of their own performance (and their team’s where appropriate)
· Creates space for others to learn and provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments when people are ready for them
· Coaches others to learn from their experiences on the job and to use the resources available to them
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Accomplished)
· Enables people from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to positive outcomes
· Breaks down silo working and challenges behaviours that are not collaborative
· Knows when to follow and lend leadership to strengthen other leaders
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Save the Children is committed to supporting performance based career progression for female employees. The following are additional benefits which applies to successful female candidates
6 months of maternity leave subject to certain length of service conditions
Increased health and dependence allowance
30 days of annual leave excluding weekends.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to apply through
Applications will close on 20th October, 2021
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
- professional certification in Supply Chain Management
- Progressive 3-5 years of experience in handling Supply Chain in an INGO.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have strong reporting and communication skills and excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Experience in procurement, fleet management including vehicles maintenance, servicing & repairs
The Application will close on 20th October, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs