Associate Programme Officer – Kismayo, Somalia
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Kisimaio (Somalia)
- Grade: International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2021-05-13
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, stay involved in the development of the strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country;
- Assist in ensuring that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters;
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions;
- Assist in organizing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners;
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities;
- Assist in training UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Programme (RBM) management;
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions;
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects;
- Assist in implementing the establishment of sound monitoring processes, in reviewing final reports and on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels;
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level;
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and assisting in corrective action where required;
- Assist in establishing and handling Implementing Partners Reports.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
Type of Degree: University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Development, Social Science or related field.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Minimum 3 years of work experience relevant to the function, in programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous field experience is an advantage;
- Familiar with UNHCR’s RBM approach and use of project/software is an asset;
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position;
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes is an asset;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programming tools (MSRP, Focus, etc.) is an asset.
Computer skills: Office Package (excellent knowledge of Word, good knowledge of Excel and Power Point) and Internet browsing.
Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; • Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing; • Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development; • Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; • Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment; • Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines; • Sound security awareness; • Have affinity with or interest in UNHCR, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 13 May 2021
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs