Auxiliary Nurse – Raage Ceele, Middle Shabelle, Somalia
JOB Announcement – Auxiliary Nurse
|Job Grade:||Band 2|
|Location||Raage Ceele, Middle Shabelle.|
|Reports To:||Nurse/Head Nurse|
Overall Job Purpose
Provide nursing support to qualified nursing/midwifery practitioners and are assigned to deliver a wide range of healthcare services to patients. May be required to assist in the registration of patients and assess their health condition by measuring weight and height, taking body temperature and blood pressure, collecting specimens for investigation, administering vaccines, dressing wounds, disinfection and sterilizing medical instruments, maintain records as well as general upkeep of the clinic.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake all duties in line with the training and instruction provided by the Registered Nurse/Midwife.
- Assist in the registration of patients by accurately recording relevant information.
- Conduct weight and height measurements record body temperature and blood pressure as well as collecting specimens for investigation.
- Administer vaccines, dress wounds, disinfect and sterilize medical instruments.
- Carry out routine dressings in accordance with guidelines.
- Collect clinical waste, ensuring appropriate storage prior to disposal.
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize medical instruments and prepare treatment rooms prior to use.
- Participate in health promotion and home visits to deliver vaccines.
- Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and emergency responses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Senior Management
- Community engagement and accountability.
- Participate meetings and trainings as required by the head nurse
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
Education: Secondary School Certificate or equivalent qualifications
Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI)
Professional Training: Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Certification/Licensing: N/A
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests.
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Previous experience in PHC.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Language Requirement: Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Relevant Experience: Minimum 1 year relevant experience gained during basic training as an Auxiliary Nurse covering maternal and child health.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, cover letter, in one PDF, to email@example.com
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 15th March, 2021