Creative Associates International
Call for Technical Experts for Basic Education in East Africa
Closing date 20 Jun 2021
Position Location: East Africa Region
Founded in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in educational systems strengthening, education in conflict, governance, economic growth, gender and inclusion, technology for development, and more. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a current field presence in nearly 30 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and U.S. Department of State, among others. Creative provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. We work through locally led systems and solutions, partnering with government officials, the private sector, civil society organizations, and community members.
Educational excellence and opportunity have been at Creative’s core since its founding in 1977. Creative’s approach strategically targets improvements at each level of the learning ecosystem, engaging people and institutions from the student to the systems level to achieve sustainable learning outcomes and integrated support for high-quality and inclusive education.
Creative is preparing for an anticipated USAID-funded Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracting mechanism focused in East Africa that will improve student learning outcomes in and expand access to high-quality basic education, both in the formal and non-formal setting, especially for marginalized and vulnerable populations.
Candidates from the East African region are strongly encouraged to apply. Countries include Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Creative seeks qualified technical experts in the following areas to serve as full-time, long-term staff or as long-term and short-term technical assistance. Additional relevant areas of expertise not listed may be taken into consideration.
- USAID Project Management: such as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Team Lead, Project Director, or similar lead roles
- Student Performance and Wellbeing: inclusive of subject-matter specialists (reading, numeracy, English, psychosocial wellbeing, with potential for other subjects), materials development and distribution, and classroom assessment
- Teacher Development and Support: inclusive of pre-service training, in-service training, coaching / mentoring, and teacher management
- School Safety: inclusive of violence prevention, student support / enrichment, and community / parental outreach
- Community Mobilization and Engagement: inclusive of parental and other relevant community actor engagement, NGO capacity building, and social and behavior change communication
- Gender and Inclusion: inclusive of access for children with disabilities, girls, IDPs, and other marginalized and vulnerable groups; and prevention of and response to GBV
- Multi-lingual Education: inclusive of mapping and transition
- School Administration
- Education Policy, Management, and Institutional Systems Strengthening
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Research: inclusive of large-scale assessments such as early-grade reading assessments or early-grade math assessments, and research
- ICT in Education: inclusive of Education Management Information Systems, blended learning, and distance learning
- Public and Private Sector Engagement and Partnerships
- Logistics and Operations
- Grants and Procurement / Finance
- Security, Safety, and Risk Mitigation
- Human Resources
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Development, or other related field; an advanced degree is preferred
- At least five (5) years of experience working in one or more of the technical fields listed above; experience in East Africa is preferred
- Experience working in USG donor-funded programming; experience working with USAID-funded programming is highly preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required
How to apply
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:-
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs