Save the Children International
Child rights Governance Project Officer – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Title: Child rights Governance Project Officer – Garowe
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Child Rights Governance (CRG) Officer’s role will be supporting the implementation of the Economic and Social Empowerment of Youth in Somalia (EASE-Y) project aimed at empowering Adolescents to make them better equipped to cope and recover, to claim their right to be protected and access education.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
|Child Rights Governance officer
Somalia Country Office
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Protection and Child Right Governance||LOCATION: Garowe|
|GRADE: 4||POST TYPE: National|
Level 4: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Child Rights Governance (CRG) Officer’s role will be supporting the implementation of the Economic and Social Empowerment of Youth in Somalia (EASE-Y) project aimed at empowering Adolescents to make them better equipped to cope and recover, to claim their right to be protected and access education. In other words, the program will include child protection, TVET, entrepreneurship, life skills, and advocacy. The CRG Officer will work closely with the EASE-Y Project Coordinator and and the CP & CRG Program Manager to ensure that project objectives are met and that the Adolescents engaged benefit the most from the project. This should be done according to the guidelines of Save the Children International which aim to strengthen Adolescents as key social players and human beings in their own right.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection & Child Rights Governance Program Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia/Somaliland for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 550 staff across 14 field offices across all Federal States. In 2018, we reached 2.5 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 65 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, NORAD and DANIDA being some of our largest.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The CRG officer has the following areas of responsibility:
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritizes and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organization’s objectives
|QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE· Degree in social work, gender studies, international relations, human rights, development studies or other Social Sciences.
· Extensive experience as a trainer using participatory methodology.
· Experience in undertaking training needs assessment
· Experience in developing training materials
· Knowledge of child rights child protection and child participation.
· More than 5 years’ experience in work focusing on children’s rights and protection issues.
· Proven competence in using participatory/interactive methods in working with children in circumstances.
· Good communication interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Good working knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Somali Language.
· Skills in report writing.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· A willingness to work as part of a team in a complex and sometimes insecure environment.
· A preparedness to work in uncertain security environments.
· Commitment to the vision mission and goals of SCl.
· Good sense of humour and flexibility.
· Experience in child participation and community participation.
· Computer literate
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Closing Date will be 06th June, 2021
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in social work, gender studies, international relations, human rights, development studies or other Social Sciences.
- Extensive experience as a trainer using participatory methodology.
- Experience in undertaking training needs assessment
- Experience in developing training materials
- Knowledge of child rights child protection and child participation.
- More than 5 years’ experience in work focusing on children’s rights and protection issues.
- Proven competence in using participatory/interactive methods in working with children in circumstances.
The Application will close on 06th June,2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs