Director of Programmes-Somali Diaspora – Hargeisa/Mogadishu
Director of Programmes-Somali Diaspora- Hargeisa/Mogadishu
Terms of Employment- Commission based hire, 2 days per week( 10 working hours)
About Double Nexus
Double Nexus (www.doublenexus.org ) is an aspiring organization working in Kenya, Somaliland and Somalia which introduces latest tools and disruptive approaches to create sustainable nexus between humanitarian and development interventions through various interconnected thematic priorities:
- Using Innovations and digital development approaches to bridge research and knowledge management gap including use of co-creation/human centered knowledge management approaches to develop new tools ,evaluate programmes and synthesize data using latest design research methods.
- Design and Innovation Studio: Double Nexus pioneers design and innovation studies in all of its operation areas to inject new innovative tools and products for enhanced delivery of humanitarian and development interventions. This is done through continuous ideation, prototyping ,testing with users and finally high fidelity tools/products.
- Providing world class capacity building interventions aimed at improving the knowledge base of the humanitarian and development sector.
- Tailored consultancy support ranging from innovative set up of internal systems control, strategic planning and development as well as pioneering lean management systems across institutions.
- Humanitarian and Development Forums aimed at lighting up the sector with cutting edge discussions and debates for leveraging the overall design ,sustainability and partnership in the humanitarian, peace and development sector. We aim to draw conclusive recommendations for effective humanitarian response, recovery and development by using systems thinking and human centered approaches
About the Position
To implement above thematic priorities, Double Nexus is hiring a Programme Director who will lead our Programmes across Somalia and Somaliland. The Director will be part of the senior management team and will sharpen existing strategies, pioneer new ways of working/initiatives and deepen relationships with our partners. The Director will,
- Develop an operating business model with the Senior Management Team and ensure execution of the programme plan.
- Work closely with various partners in Somalia and Somaliland to maximize collaboration, networking and use of partnership broking approaches to achieve strong alliance in programme areas.
- Deliver substantive leadership in Double Nexus’s dynamic programme strategy by demonstrating the highest caliber in innovations, leadership, relationship building and overall execution of the business model.
We are looking for:
- An energetic Somali Diaspora with commitment to pioneer disruptive approaches to humanitarian and development nexus. To achieve this, he/she should be an entrepreneurial leader who is able to tirelessly pursue opportunities that emerge in these programme locations.
- Adaptive director with profound communication skills with sound ability to work with range of multicultural stakeholders including partners and clients. She/he should be able to influence donors and stakeholders to partner with Double Nexus.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, development studies, economics, innovations and ICT or other humanities related areas.
- At Least one to two years of experience in International Development, Humanitarian, Civil society support programmes ,diaspora humanitarianism/volunteerism or supporting the vulnerable community members is a must.
- Ability to work internally/externally with limited supervision
- A team leader and player who truly believes the power of people in co-creation and decision making processes. He/she should demonstrate leadership and inspire others.
- Professional proficiency in English is required with the ability to document quality reports, bids and programme materials.
- Good computer literacy
Interested candidates with the above qualifications should submit CV and Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for Application is 3rd of June 2021. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com