Driver – Hargeisa, Somaliland
DRIVER, HARGEISA SOMALILAND
Direct Hierarchy: Logistics Officer
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their over 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of Driver in Hargeisa.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the the Logistics Officer, the driver ensures that ACTED’s staff are driven safely to meetings, workshops, and other work-related destinations; and that the ACTED vehicle under his/her charge is maintained in an optimal working condition.
Specific Duties and responsibilities
- Provide transport to ACTED staff e.g. to and from meetings, field missions, airport etc when needed and ensure highest quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- Collect and deliver mail, packages, equipment; and maintains records of all deliveries and distributions.
- Comply, observe the Traffic rules and ACTED’s policies on driving at all times
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements. Fueling, pre-travel checks, travel docs, vehicle expenses and any other docs and persons traveling for packing instructions and timings.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed.
- Submit reports indicating vehicle condition and undertake all repair work assigned properly to meet set standards in readiness for travel. Also to continuously monitor condition of the vehicle assigned to and promptly report to the Logistics Officer in case of any damages, accidents and incidents.
- Perform operational inspection of vehicle on a regular basis and before and after long trips to include tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, water, and interior;
- Performs minor repairs, arranges for regular maintenance and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures safety and custody of the vehicle, including tools.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance,
registration, logs, first aid kit, accessories and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle. Also be accountable for them
- Ensures that, in the event of an accident involving his assigned vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in the vehicle assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- Routinely check the assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances and promptly advice the Logistics Officer when renewals are due
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions or otherwise to the Logistics Officer as the situations arises.
- Ensures that all required driving training is successfully completed and certifications are kept up
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required.
- Exchanges relevant information and maintains an open line of communication with colleagues
and his/her supervisor.
- When appropriate, undertake other related duties assigned by the supervisor and/or management.
- Minimum Form Four Certificate/ O level Education.
- Free from Qat and cigarettes addiction.
- Valid driving license from the government and good driving record recommendation.
- Certificate or diploma in Auto mechanic skills will be an added advantage
- A certificate of good conduct (Non-Criminal Certificate) is mandatory
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, driver’s protocol and courtesies
- Must be conversant with the road network and traffic regulations of Somaliland and its main citiies.
- At least 5 years of experience in field work driving for NGO/UN Agencies.
- Defensive driving certificate is a plus
- Experience in providing logistical support will be an advantage
- Basic mechanical skill to be able to do small repairs if necessary
- Fluency in oral and written Somali is mandatory
- English Language: Moderate in Oral and Writing.
- Computer Skills: Elementary use of computers (e.g. email, internet, word processing) is a plus
- Values: Must be Trustworthy and reliable; proven Integrity and good human relation /Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity,
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a Single document. i.e the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second pate, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th June, 2021, with the Subject line ‘DRIVER IN HARGEISA’. Please don’t attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com