Driver Light Vehicles – Jigjiga, Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
Driver Light Vehicles
The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Driver-Light Vehicles, based in Jigjiga.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)’ equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment.
- Minimum Secondary school diploma.
- Minimum 3rd grade or equivalent Driving License held for at least five years.
- Knowledge (spoken and written) of Somali
- Oromo languages is an asset
- Knowledge of English and Amharic laguages
Professional Experience Required.
- Experience in a similar position an asset.
- Automobile maintenance experience (Oil checks, changing tyres, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Jijiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date for application: April 16, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.