World Vision Ethiopia
Driver Mechanic – Dolo Ado, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Deadline: Oct 23, 2023
Location: Dolo Ado, Somali
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: USD paid in Ethiopian Birr on prevailing monthly exchange rate as per the National Bank of Ethiopia on the 20th of the month
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Deliver full range transport service for organization use to ensure safe, reliable fleet to help in work on customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance. Observe prescribed work, safety rules and respond to service calls. Prepare monthly vehicle usage report and submit timely. Provide administrative support to the unit and other divisions/departments per request
- Perform minor mechanical repairs / service: Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and change tires; change oil and filters; grease vehicle parts; inspect and replace bulbs, and Top up all fluid levels.
- Consistently monitor vehicle performance , submit maintenance request or advice timely and follow-up accomplishments Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance in adherence to FM policy.
- Inspect vehicles regularly, evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and light and reports any mechanical problems of vehicle to supervisor for repair /parts replacement and keep vehicle accessories counted, logo intact, functional safety tools kits and equipment.
- Maintain cars clean, fueled and in good condition at all times.
- Maintain log books and fuel consumption records on a regular basis, Take cautious measures on keeping original keys, tools, reserve tires/rims and communicate officially when needed
Required as a minimum qualification for this position.
Must complete secondary school Must and have relevant work experience of 4 years
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
3rd grade driving license.
Applicant Type Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the below application link to apply
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries, and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.