HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
EAFS Procurement Officer – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|EAFS Procurement Officer
|Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
|Grade Level & Classification:
|Head of EAFS Director
|36 hrs per week
1. Purpose of the position
The role of the EAFS Procurement Officer is to conduct the procurement activities with the highest levels of integrity, in a fair and transparent manner with an obvious lack of any corrupt practices. This shall act as the guiding principle to all procurement activities. This position is the head of the EAFS Procurement and is a managerial position responsible for all Procurement activities and processes for including preparation, publishing of and adherence to Procurement Plans – this shall include advising and agreeing on Procurement method; Single/Sole Sourcing or competitive Bidding; To efficiently and professionally prepare and issue, bidding documents for the EAFS department including formal pre-award Request for Information/Expressions of Interest), in order to ensure a timely, cost effective and transparent service in accordance with the procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities and Duties
In consultation with the Ministry of Finance Procurement Director for procurement policy and procedural issues the Procurement officer (Goods and Services) will:
- Lead the procurement planning process for purchasing goods and services by the EAFS and prepare the Goods and Services components for the Procurement Plan for submission to the World Bank annually or as request,
- Undertake procurement activities in accordance with approved procurement plans with respect to procuring Goods and Services for RCRF III Component activities and follow up on approvals (“No Objection”) where required from World Bank on all Goods and Services procurement activities
- Prepare bidding documents for procurement of goods and services based on the HSS Procurement Department Standard Bidding Documents (SBD). Provide instructions for bidders on procedure for submission of bids. Manage the procurement process and provide all relevant documentation for procurements to Head EAFS for actioning in a timely manner.
- Provide technical advice to the tender committee on the appraisal and evaluation of goods and services bids on the basis of financial and non-financial criteria set out in the bidding documents, co-ordinate and document the process to maintain robust and transparent records in accordance with EAFS Guidelines and the HSS Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual
- Ensure implementation of tender evaluation committee decisions. Follow up on contract recommendation and award and ensuring insurance cover for all purchases. Negotiate delivery terms and other special conditions with supplier and ensure goods once received are directed to correct recipient.
- Ensure that procurement procedures as agreed in the financing agreement and contained in the EAFS Operations Manual are followed in all material respects.
- Work closely with EAFS Accounting Staff to ensure that all procurements are within approved budgets and that all required supporting documentation is available. In particular, ensure the commitment for the procurement activity is recorded in the FMIS before procurement action is initiated.
- Prepare progress reports on Goods and Services procurements for inclusion in the Interim Financial Report (IFR) to be submitted quarterly to the World Bank.
- Support audit reports for management response
- Support Preparation of Monthly and quarterly reports
- Carry out any other assignment requested by the line manager and the Ministry Management
- Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Logistics, BA, or related field
- 3 years of relevant experience in the field of Logistics, Procurement or Supply chain management.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral for Somali and English.
- Well-developed management and organization skills
- Good ethical values of Honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proven experience as Procurement officer or similar role.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility and ability work on multiple tasks/projects concurrently
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form: APPLICATION-FORM.docx.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 05th June 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website. www.qaranjobs.com
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com