Emergency Response Manager – Mogadishu
The purpose of the Emergency Response Manager is to coordinate and lead the different emergency response initiatives in Somalia. This role is responsible to lead the programme development of the emergency response and ensure quality implementation, in close coordination with core competency specialist in areas of expertise. The role is also responsible to allocate and capacity needed resources for the emergency.
- Develop strategy, technical guidance and SOPs for the emergency response.
- Developing robust emergency setups based on appropriate needs analysis with an integrated program approach.
- Responsible for developing and quality compliance of all donor proposals, budgets and donor reports related to Emergency response
- Ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation of the emergency response
- In close collaboration with the CC specialists contribute to the development of macro LFAs reflecting the emergency response strategies and approach
- Ensure that key learning is extracted from the emergency response implementation, and incorporate them in emergency response and staff development processes
- Ensure systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Responsible for development of emergency preparedness planning within the country operation.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/Clusters, including in meetings with national authorities and donors at national level related to emergency response
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Overall oversight and management of emergency response projects covering different areas and interventions. This includes leading prioritization and validation process for interventions, developing detailed activity plans and budgets for proper delegation to the Area managers responsible of the implementation.
- Responsible for representing NRC at the coordination mechanism for emergency response and acting as the NRC focal point for Rapid Response Mechanisms.
- In close collaboration with the M&E Coordinator/Manager, ensure the development of quality control and monitoring/evaluation standards for the emergency response
- Ensure that the existing SOPs supporting the implementation of the emergency responses are relevant to the identified needs and review, if necessary, in line with the NRC procedures.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in emergency response approaches and resources.
Skills and Qualifications
Generic professional competencies:
Generic professional competencies are competencies required by any individual in this or a similar role, in any location in NRC.
- Post-graduate with minimum 5 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency Response expertise
- Humanitarian coordination and analysis experience
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Able to solve emergency program related problems arising in working areas.
- Able to plan activities & carry them through effectively.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able meet deadlines.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
Context-related competencies are the knowledge, skills and experience required because of the context, location and/or current priorities in the role
- Understanding and respect for humanitarian work, particularly relating to refugee and displacement issues.
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue.
- Solid field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP emergency response.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience with IDP/refugee related programmes
- Willingness and ability to make regular field trips to NRC Area and Field Offices
For additional information see the detailed Job Description.
Grade: grade 9
Reports to: Head of Programme
Supervision of: Technical supervision of Emergency Response Team (ERT)
Duty station: Mogadishu / Baidoa
Duration and type of contract: Fix terms 10 Months (extendable)
How to apply
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Please note to attach your academic and professional certificates in your application.
For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
To contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.”
The role is open to national candidates only.
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.