SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
EPI Vaccinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 136 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position of EPI Vaccinator.
Job Title: EPI Vaccinator (1 Position)
Location: Mogadishu- Somalia
This is to be added a value of quality to the current SOS health provision services in Somalia particularly in the EPI services offered in outreach programs. The job holder will be responsible of the overall planning, requesting, coordination and management, and reporting of the activities in the field of Immunization.
Report to: Hospital Matron
Key Area of responsibility:
- With respect and kindly welcomes the care givers of the children and the mothers who need immunization services.
- Safely provide immunizations to infants, children and adults according to formal protocols and schedule
- Participates in the EPI coordination meetings and district campaigns on Expanded Program on Immunization
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports and submits to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Assist drug and clinical managers to make sure there is adequate daily and general supply of vaccines
- Secure vaccines within required cold chain
Qualification & Experience
- Diploma or any equivalent and certified document in nursing
- Literate in spoken and written English
- Previous experience as a vaccinator
- Clear style of giving instructions
- Gently with children with honed technique to give immunizations
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Basic math skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- File management skills.
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- Able to persistently and effectively tackle complex problems
- Able to work with a variety of people in a remote setting
- Independent, self-motivated, confident, interested in learning and committed to excellence.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 28th April, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FADLAN KU SOO BIIR BARAHA BULSHADA QARAN JOBS:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs