Field Coordinator, Somalia
For coordinating the Project activities of arche noVa in Somalia, we looking for an experienced
Title: Project Officer
Location: (Country & Base) Somalia, Galmudug with possible field missions in the Country areas of operation /Nairobi
Contract duration: 1 year renewable based on funding and performance
Starting date in-country: January 2024
Training requirements: Project management, communication, financing and administrative trainings
Direct Line Manager: Program Officer AN EA
Technical Supervisor: Program Coordinator Somalia
- Ensure compliance with project implementation.
- Carry out proper and realistic planning of project activities with support of the arche noVa Program Officer.
- Generate monthly project activity reports presented to arche noVa Program Officer.
- Coordinate the monthly activity check with the financial reports submitted every month to arche noVa Nairobi Office.
- Develop required supporting documents (training reports, beneficiary training lists, beneficiary participation lists, vouchers etc) and, follow up from the contractors.
- Keeping track of deadlines for the projects activity implementation and informing the arche noVa Program Officer an overview of relevant activities for effective planning.
- Support the Program Officer in tracking project deadlines and provide and planning to ensure effective and timely achievement of the same.
2. Quality management and Impact orientation
- Oversee all aspects of the project’s implementation responsibilities for the quality of services delivered and outputs achievement in coordination with the program coordinator.
- Ensure all WASH facilities construction components meet required quality standards.
- Ensure field visit to project sites and direct supervision of work undertaken by contractors
- Ensuring the project schedule is being met, timely management and reviewing of any plan discrepancies or deviations.
- Undertake community mobilization and conduct hygiene promotion within the communities.
- Ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of disability and gender aspects into the project in liaison with the Program Coordinator and arche noVa program office
3.Coordination and Communication
- Facilitating communication between partners at field and the Regional Office.
- Contribute to the timely preparation and submission of reports to arche noVa in coordination with the program coordinator.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local authority, line ministries and constant engagement, consultations and dialogue with the communities working in the areas of project operations and implementation.
- Participate in coordination and Steering Committees meetings in arche noVa Nairobi office (physically or virtually).
- Be available to participate in arche noVa monitoring missions using appropriate tools and instruments to collect data and information from beneficiaries and other
- To support the arche noVa MEAL officer in the formulation of base line and final evaluation of the project.
- Document case studies and collect successful/human stories and pictures regarding beneficiaries and share with arche noVa program Officer.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
Internal & External relationships
- arche noVa program Coordinator
- arche noVa Program officer
- arche noVa Finance and admin officer
- Local authorities
- Other stakeholders connected with the projects
- Monthly activity reports for all the projects activities to be shared with arche noVa Program Officer
- Monitoring mission reports including quality pictures, human interest stories and case studies
- Country specific situation analysis reports.
- University Degree in Project Management / Business Management/ International Relations/ or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years’ professional experience in a similar position.
- Clear understanding of Somalia security context and operation dynamics (Somali Nationals Preferred)
- Knowledge of Green Humanitarian Aid Approaches is an added advantage.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in Humanitarian/Development Studies, International Relations
- At least 3 years work experience within the sectors WASH, FSL or NFI distributions in similar position in international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance contexts
- Demonstrated depth of experience working with Somali communities and organizations, especially focusing on climate change and disaster risk Management Projects
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building and Project Management
- Strong experience in German donor requirements, expectations and reporting skills
- Solid professional experiences in Somalia and or working in insecure / volatile environments
- Excellent communication capacities
- Excellent in English and Somali (written & oral)
- Willingness to travel frequently to field locations
- Flexibility, ability to work under stress and capacity to meet tight deadlines
- Results-oriented personality.
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving capacities
- Ability to work under high level of pressure
- High level of flexibility
How to apply
This document is non-contractual and may be modified to reflect the changing needs of the service.
Somalis are highly encouraged to apply.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Deadline for application: 24.11.2023 at 5 :00pm East African Time
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf-document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Operations Officer-Somalia.
Further information: www.arche-nova.org
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com