Field Monitors (2 Positions) – Badhan -Dhahar
Duration: Contract length
Purpose of the position:
ADEC Somalia-Puntland program with funding from WFP is implementing a relief and livelihood project in close collaboration with line-ministers, the projects targeting drought affected vulnerable households. The project will focus on food insecurity families through the food voucher program. Under this project there is need for Field Monitors who will support with beneficiary sensitization, bio metric data/scope registration, topping up and redemption process. The field monitors will be based in Badhan and Dhahar districts respectively.
- Monitor the implementation of the ongoing VFA program at village level in close collaboration with the community elders and local authority.
- Provide sensitization and awareness to the relief and livelihood beneficiaries before redemption exercises.
- Monitor the redemption process by the retailers and also verify date and quality of the food.
- Participate and monitor the top up and redemption at the FDP and cross-check activities carried out for the case of conditional and unconditional transfer.
- Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and allowed commodities and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Field Officer and others on the distribution
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Assist other project staffs in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities.
- Reporting weekly and monthly basis during field trip on relevant issues regarding project implementation at field level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Education: Completion of Secondary School, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Agriculture, Agricultural economics and any other related field of study.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
Knowledge: Cash based Transfer and In-kind food modalities, Agricultural economics, Nutrition and Food security.
Skills: Experience with using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and common commercial accounting packages would be an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Somali or English.
Interested applications are required to send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org , coping CC: Abdikadirjama11@gmail.com , clearly mentioning the position on the subject line – Field Monitor -Badhan/Dhahar, not later than 1 June 2021.
- Updated CV and cover letter
- Copies of your academic qualifications.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs