HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Finance and Accounting Officer – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Finance and Accounting Officer|
|Ministry/ institution:||Ministry of Health and Social Care|
|Department:||Admin and Finance|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Admin and Finance Director|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
- Purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Admin and Finance director, the Finance and Accounting Officer will support timely information and analytical support, including Budget preparation and execution, keep records of all admin and financial transaction record files. the Finance and Accounting Officer will assist fiscal and administrative counsel to the executive of the Ministry Management in relation within the HSS PFM and PA parameters.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Support to strongly upheld HSS both PFM and PA approved polices
- Assist the admin and finance director in developing a suitable financial and accounting system and procedures
- Ensuring the implementation of the day-to-day activities of the Cash management of the Ministry.
- Support all Admin and finance activities including audit exercises.
- Provide the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Safeguarding the Ministry’s assets and liabilities
- Assists the Ministry and other stakeholders on all matters related to finance
- Instituting control of revenue and other related procedures and systems
- Support maintaining adequate records to reflect the operations, resources and expenditures in respect of all activities and programs of the Ministry
- Checking timely preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation for all Bank Accounts
- Helping the Admin and Finance Director to ensure that the implementation of the Financial and Accounting Procedures Manual and also ensuring it is updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the Ministry is Compliant with HSS procurement Policies
- procedures and guidelines are implemented and deadlines are met.
- Ensure implementation of departmental annual work plan.
- Establishing and enhancing systems of internal control and ensuring compliance with the requirements of Government and development partners according to their principles.
- Monitoring the financial management aspects of procurement.
- Reviewing financial statements and reports prepared by finance officer in accordance with the agreed timetable and in compliance with financial reporting requirements of Government and other stakeholders.
- Ensure proper performance management system is in place.
- Perform any other duties related to finance that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly and annual report.
3. Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree of Accounting, financial Management, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- Have at least 3 years relevant professional experience, in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Accounting Package is an essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of managing and motivating a diverse team.
- Demonstrable experience of effective internal and external communication skills and political sensitivity
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of performance.
- Sound knowledge international standards of management practice
- Possesses high level political, analytical, policy and management skills.
- The ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to the Director General
- High standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com by not later than 15th May 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org