Finance Manager – Hargeisa
Deadline for applications: 23rd May, 2023
Start date: As soon as possible
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam’s work in Somalia and Somaliland covers both humanitarian and development spheres, with most programming delivered in Hargeisa and eastern Somaliland, both directly and with partners. The humanitarian component focuses on delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security (particularly cash grants) and protection, in response to persistent, intense drought that has decimated livelihoods – primarily pastoralism, and caused mass displacement. The development component focuses on women and youth empowerment, economic inclusion, influence in decision-making and access to justice, primarily through three multi-year programmes.
All our work is led by Six core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
To ensure implementation of emergency food security, cash grants, restocking, seeds and fodder distribution and food security activities as well as contribute to livelihoods recovery of the Puntland population affected by drought crises.
JOB PURPOSE: The Finance Manager, working in close collaboration with the Business Support Manager (BSM), Finance Coordinators and Officers, with a matrix to field based Finance Officers
will manage payments, and reporting, (management, Donor and statutory) to ensure that financial records are compliant with minimum standards and have oversight over the day-to-day financial transactions undertaken by Oxfam in Somalia. With the support of the Finance team will ensure that financial reports are compiled for review by the CD, manage cash and bank balances, and provide direct support to Programme Managers on variance reporting. The Finance Manager will work with the Finance team to ensure that all financial transactions are properly documented and that day-to-day transacting takes place as efficiently as possible.
The purpose of the job is to contribute actively to the development of country plans and strategies, which are aligned to corporate objectives and priorities. The job holder will be responsible for the implementation of financial, strategies, policies and procedures and the provision of quality information to the programme teams, committed teams in the respective functions and to support programme teams and field offices To Manage resources – budget and people, ensuring quality reports and timelines are adhered to and optimal utilization of resources.
Skills and Qualifications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant University Degree and equivalent accountancy professional qualifications CMA, ACCA, CPA (K), or master’s degree
- 5 years’ International experience in finance and donor contract management (financial management and accounting, setting up internal control systems / carrying out audits/reviews, and well exposed to the relevant statutory /legal issues that affect Oxfam as a programme and the region as a whole).
- Proven experience in finance management and/or coordination in an international non-governmental organisation in country context which is similar to Somalia.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- 3 years of managerial /supervisory responsibilities, including good training and coaching skills and a willingness to support the development of others.
- Excellent knowledge of financial management and auditing.
- Experience in working with financial / bookkeeping software (SAP / Pastel) and banking software
- Proven computer literacy and analytical skills, Numeracy & attention to detail
- Good negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Profound knowledge of International accounting standards, Kenyan and Somali tax laws and labour laws
- Knowledge of Corporate governance approaches
- INGO and EU donor experience is a must
- Experiences of working in the Somalia context is an added advantage.
How to apply
Please follow the links below to access the detailed Job Description and submit your application by 23rd May 2023, however applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and assessments might be carried out before the Deadline.
Follow the links below.
External Candidates: Apply Here
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs