Save the Children International Kenya
Food Security and Livelihood Officer – Wajir County
Closing date 2 May 2021
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Food Security and Livelihood Officer. The role holder will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related cash and voucher-based programs, livestock health, livestock marketing, livestock feeding among others. The role holder would contribute to enhancing the capacity of the Food Security & Livelihoods team to gather quality information on the household economies of targeted vulnerable groups, by participating in assessments and assisting with information analysis and report writing, and subsequently to provide technical input into the development, monitoring and evaluation of food security projects. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Contract Duration: 12 months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: FSL Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, geography, anthropology or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods and any other relevant qualification.
- At least 3 year relevant project management experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
- Experience in implementing cash transfer programs (unconditional cash transfers, voucher and cash for work) and livelihoods programs in the context of pastoralist areas;
- Knowledge of participatory rural appraisal;
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through facilitation of suitable support and experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Knowledge of local language.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uNzA5ODcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…