Jubbaland State Of Somalia
FSRP Project Coordinator, Jubbaland State Of Somalia
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND IRRIGATIONS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Name of the Project: Somalia Food Systems Resilience Project (S-FSRP)
Assignment Title: Jubbaland FSRP Project Coordinator
Project ID: P177816
Deadline Date: 20th Feb 2024
Ref No. SO-MOAI-379649-CS-INDV
The Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) is part of a regional initiative by the World Bank to provide a comprehensive framework for intervention at both the national and regional levels. This Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) aims to tackle the underlying structural challenges of food insecurity and reduce beneficiaries’ vulnerability to unpredictable climate, crisis, and conflict events. It seeks to achieve this by rejuvenating Somalia’s agri-livestock research institutions, seed systems, and extension services and developing community institutions that can anchor adaptation of climate-smart agri-livestock practices, strengthening the availability of water and improved rangelands management for resilient agriculture and livestock production; support animal health services, enhancing the integration of the production systems to domestic and regional markets, with appropriate investments in food safety and value addition, and establishing an enabling policy and institutional framework at a sub-national, national and regional level capable of supporting food systems resilience for Somalia.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) for Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) will be ‘to increase preparedness against food insecurity and improve the resilience of food systems in targeted project areas of Somalia. Progress toward the PDO will be measured using five PDO indicators and intermediate indicators. All relevant indicators will be disaggregated by gender (men and women) and age (youth and adult). The five indicators.
The Jubbaland State of Somalia is establishing a core multi-sectoral Project Implementation Unit (PIU) supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. The role of the PIU is to support the management, coordination, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of project activities. The PIU will be staffed with the following positions:
State Project Coordinator, Finance Management Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Safeguards Specialist, M&E Specialist, and other technical Agricultural and Livestock specialists.
- (1) Objectives of the Assignment
Reporting to the Director General, Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (MoAI), and Ministry of Livestock, Forestry, and Range (MoLFR), the Jubbaland project coordinator shall be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, and management of FSRP activities, including the provision of strategic guidance on the day-to-day implementation of activities by the World Bank’s guidelines stipulated in the Financing Agreement (FA) and Federal Government of Somalia fiduciary requirements.
The PC will ensure the Project is implemented in compliance with all fiduciary and safeguards requirements, reviewing and approving all reporting on the project within the Ministry and with the World Bank. The PC shall also ensure active engagement with other ministries and regional and administrative districts in implementing the Project to ensure its smooth performance. The PC will undertake the role and responsibilities as set out above and in this TOR’s Duties and Responsibilities section.
S/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) found at qaranjobs.com or can be provided upon submission of the application (in person or by email to the address below)
The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from the start date
- Selection Criteria
- Master’s degree or higher in Agricultural sciences Project Management or Rural Development (e.g., Agriculture, Project Management, Sustainable Development, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Production, Environmental Governance/Management, etc.), Community Development, Economics, Business Studies, or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of management experience in Project management, Developmental Projects, agricultural production, development studies, environmental management, marketing, or business development with World Bank-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government institutions, international organizations, or the private sector.
- Experience in donor-funded project coordination and management, preferably with the World Bank or other development partners.
- Knowledge of the World Bank project cycle, the World Bank Financial and Procurement Management guidelines, the World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards, and their related reporting procedures will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of national agricultural policies, strategies, and regulatory framework for Somalia’s various inputs and commodities.
- Demonstrable knowledge and proven experience in agricultural value chain development and livelihood diversification interventions.
- Conversant with the community-driven development (CDD) approach and rural development projects in Somalia or other similar countries,
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation at Jubbaland now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
How to apply
- Interested Consultants may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except for public holidays.
- Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in writing to the address below (in person or by e-mail) marked with the subject title of the position by 20th Feb 2024
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigations
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org