Guard – Kebribayah, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Deadline Apr 15, 2021
- Ensure intensive care is taken in admission of visitors and vehicles via main gates, which are to be closed at all times
- Do not allow any armed visitor to the premises unless permitted by OIC/Field coordinator
- Make sure office premises are locked and secured after office hours, weekends and public holidays
- Keep a daily log of any incident and hand over to relieving guard
- Keep the office and compound clean & upkeep plants in the premises
- Patrol and inspect property to protect against fire, theft, control illegal entry of unauthorized person to go in to the compound
- Patrol the offices/residences in all weather
- Check all doors and windows and see that no unauthorized person remains after working hour
- Work indoors and outdoors patrolling office buildings
- Stationed at a guards desk or at the gate shelters, control access to the office and check the credentials of persons entering, issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas or leaving the areas
- Watch any pickups or theft at the time of loading & unloading in IRC compound and report to immediate supervisor if it happens
- Protect & control entry to residential areas. Take action in emergency situations as illness, safety hazards, or other unusual situations
- Monitor perimeter security, lighting system, in residential areas receiving visitors (such as from Ethiopia Electric Power Co. Water and Sewerage Authority etc) appropriately and giving information
- Must be constantly alert for threats to themselves and to the property they are protecting
- Must report to Logs when electrical and plumbing system are not working properly, search the compound & surroundings thoroughly when anything unusual is noticed
- Write an incident report and report it to the office ( Logs & FC), police or fire department, if any unusual or potential problem is noticed
- Use log books to record security information, names of visitors, including suspicious happenings and make sure regular reports are done to the immediate supervisor / Logs officer/Assistant.
- Provide the replacing guard with information on any security and other activities
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
o Primary school complete
o At least three years of relevant work experience.
o Ability to understand English language
o Physically fit for the job.
o Knowledge of Somali language is an added advantage
Able to understand basic English
How to Apply
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible, also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.