Head of Programme, Somalia
Closing date: 22-November-2023
Salary: £36,730 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term, 12 months .
Hours: Full Time
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Our International Programme Division are currently recruiting for the position of a Head of Programmes. The Head of Programmes will;
- Provide strategic leadership and expertise to the program in Somalia
- Work closely with the PQIM and ensure the program meets Islamic Relief Quality Standards
- Closely work with partnership team and provide timely and high-quality proposals and reports to donors
- Work closely with PQIM and ensure the development and utilization of best practice for technical interventions.
- Network with, and represent Islamic Relief to partners (government authorities, donors, INGOs, local NGOs, CBOs etc)
The successful candidate must have or be:
- d59cFKM Dgn9q8
- Relevant University Degree, master’s or post-graduate in international relations, Humanitarian Programs Management, degree, political science, Economic Empowerment international development and/or similar field.
- Progressive management experience, of which include management of a portfolio of programmes across multiple sectors.
- Proven experience in staff management and development.
- Good understanding of displacement issues and related international standards/frameworks
- Strong experience in programme quality, MEAL, programme development and proven fundraising abilities with key donors
- Experience of managing systems and tools to oversee complex project portfolios across different sectors and locations as well as within consortiums
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 15th September 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit islamic-relief.current-vacancies.com.