Muslim Aid Somalia
Health Programs Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
|Job Title:||Health Programs Manager|
|Location:||Mogadishu – Somalia|
|Reports to:||Heads of Program|
|Line Management responsibility:||Program Staff|
|Child Safeguarding level:||We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable people in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children and vulnerable people are recruited to work for us.Therefore, this post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure, DBS, or in the event that the employee is not a UK resident, a check to its equivalent in the current residing country will be required.|
The Health Program Manager will be deployed as a field level health program manager for the program operations of health projects. The Health Program Manager will be expected to lead on multi-sectoral / health assessments, project planning, coordination, and support fundraising, recruitment, and procurement, at the field level. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing country health staff. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the health program, ensuing compliance with the award regulations and monitoring of health projects
· Lead multi-sectoral / health assessments in coordination with other MA thematic areas and/or other external health agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
· With support from the SMT develop project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall health programme plan and master budget.
· With support from the SMT support fundraising for health, including contributing to the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals.
· Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
· With support from the SMT prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal MA requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
· With support from the SMT and with the HR team, identify technical staffing needs for emergency programmes, and support rapid recruitment, induction, and training of new staff.
· With support from the SMT identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan, and support the logistics team on storage, transport, and stock management of medicines.
· With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team put in place an M & E plan for your project, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build health field staff in carrying out the work.
· Support MEAL in putting accountability mechanisms in place for Health components of projects, ensuring that feedback is responded to in a timely manner, and that feedback from beneficiaries and their families is considered in project design.
· To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
· To ensure integration (where appropriate) with other sectors, especially looking to strengthen the links between health programmes and nutrition, WASH, Protection, and shelter. To encourage teams to have an integrated approach to emergency responses. Capacity Building:
· Identify learning and training opportunities for health staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
· Run and support ongoing training and induction courses for health staff as required
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
· Ensure that MA work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and local authorities, and support representation at the cluster at national and / or sub-national levels, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups.
· With support from the SMT assist in advocacy activities that target decision-makers incountry.
· Contribute to communications and media work as required. General:
· Comply with MA policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Continue to next page for the Person Specification
|Essential / Desirable||Assessment Stage|
|Educated to bachelor’s degree level. Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Public Health||Essential||Application|
|Postgraduate degree in Project planning and management, Participatory approaches and methodologies, sustainable livelihoods, humanitarianism, programme management, or equivalent.||Desirable||Application|
|Experience & Knowledge:|
|Understanding of development programmes design, implementation and evaluation.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with institutional donors and international donors.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; using of quantitative and qualitative research data collected in support of programme development.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals and their relevance.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Knowledge of SPHERE, CHS and DEC Accountability Framework priorities and other humanitarian/development sector initiatives and standards.||Desirable||Application and Interview|
Skills & Abilities:
|Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with people at various levels.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Good team work skills with the ability to work with different and sometime conflicting agendas.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Good organisation, coordination and project management skills.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Strong and well-developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports Strong analytical abilities.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn and use any software adopted by Muslim Aid.||Essential||Application and Interview|
|Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.||Essential||Application and Interview
|Ability to work in and with a diverse team.||Essential||Application and Interview
|Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.||Essential||Application and Interview
|Ability to analyse and assess complex situations and develop policies.||Desirable||Application and Interview|
|Willingness to travel at very short notice.||Essential||Application and Interview
|Commitment to Muslim Aid’s mission, visions and values||Essential|
|Commitment to Muslim Aid’s ethos||Essential|
|Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity||Essential|
|Commitment to Muslim Aid’s Child and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedure||Essential|
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through: Email: email@example.com
With subject line as application for the position of Health Programs Manager – Mogadishu – Somalia
Closing Date will be 13thDecember 2021
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org