Lifeline-Gedo International (LLG)
HMIS Assistance – Gedo
Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
HMIS Assistance – Gedo
Applications are invited both internally and externally from suitable qualified candidates for the following position.
Lifeline-Gedo (LLG) is a Humanitarian, Non-profit and non-governmental organization dedicated to responding to humanitarian emergences through provision of life-saving support mechanisms in partnership with national and international role players, promoting peace and stability, advocate against all kinds of violence, initiate long term and short-term development projects. LLG prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.
1. POSITION INFORMATION
Position Title: HMIS assistance
Duty Station: Gedo
Organizational Unit: Programmes Unit
Reporting Directly To: Health and nutrition coordinator
Overall Supervision By: Health and nutrition manger
Managerial Responsibility: N/A
Duration: 10 Months with possibility of extension
Directly Reporting Staff: N/A
2. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The Health Management information system Assistance, under the direct supervision of the health and nutrition project coordinator and closely working with Health centre supervisors/ team leaders, will be responsible for the quality and the consistency of all statistical data submitted by the health facilities. He/she will be responsible in collecting, compiling and analysing weekly and monthly health and nutrition data and submitting data to Concern worldwide, MOH and other platforms such as ONA.
The incumbent will lead and support the in weekly surveillance reporting for Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) through the EWARNS and DHIS2 platform and capacity building for health facility providers and data clerks.
The incumbent will perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, validation and editing of information, and release of information in accordance with established standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, by utilizing computerized systems and related software applications
3. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Data quality and timely reporting
· Prepare and submit weekly, monthly health and nutrition data from health facilities.
· Ensures collected data HMIS (Health and Nutrition) are Saved, stored in order filling/ folders systems in sequence and orderly both in softcopy and hardcopy
· Conduct data validity and accuracy audits to ensure the quality of the data in the system
· Carry out weekly data audit to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the data in the health facility registers
· Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations and safeguard the data for control quality improvement efforts
· Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to monitor the program performance
· Attend HIMS meetings and provide feedback to the staff to improve the data quality
· Develop, reproduce (where necessary) and distribute data collection tools to the health facilities.
· Conduct monthly review of registers and forms from the health facilities to ensure accuracy and quality of the data.
· Support field-based project staff to measure progress and use data for decision making and planning.
· Conduct regular visits to health facilities to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant officer to address the gaps and Conduct data quality audits routinely and participate in programme evaluation
· Undertake training and follow-up mentoring to health facility staff to ensure quality data collection procedures in all the health facilities.
· Identify staff training needs regarding health records management and reporting
· With the support of the Health manager, organize quarterly data review meetings to monitor the program performance.
· Cary out any other activities deemed appropriately by the supervisor
· With consultation and guidance of Health Project Coordinator and The Programme manager participate in the consultative process with MOH and other partners in revision of the existing data collection system and in the adoption and roll out of new proposed data collection tools
Objective 2: Internal and external Coordination
· Plays integral part of coordination of data related issues with field teams.
· Alerts and keeps abreast the Health Project coordinator and PM on issues raising from the data quality and actions informed by the collected data
· Liaise with MoH on data issue and other necessary forms to represent Lifeline Gedo.
· Proactively comes up initiatives to improve the reporting data basis and quality improvement of the reporting systems. Attend technical HMIS meetings at MoH both at state and regional level
Objective 3: Representation
· At request of Health Project Coordinator and H&N PM, represent LLG at Technical working group meetings and other relevant coordination meetings in the operational area.
· Ensure close communication and collaboration with institutions and organizations that have collaborations with LLG
Skills and Qualifications
· A first level university degree /diploma in Statics or Computer science
· Having experience ONA, EWARNS and DHIS2 platform
· At least two of years of Experience with data entry related tasks
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
· Substantive knowledge in development issues in general and ’s practice areas is desirable.
· Fluency in written and oral English and Somali.
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to email@example.com or LLG’s Office in Dolow, Bardere, Elwak and Belet-Hawo with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for HMIS assistance ” The closing date for application is 21st May 2023. Applications and CVs submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Due to the fact this position is urgent, applications will be shortlisted on a regular basis, and we may offer posts before the closing date.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org