Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Human Resources Assistant (SC6) (2 Posts), Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date: 1 December 2023
Human Resources Assistant (SC6) (2 Posts)
Job Posting: 17/Nov/2023
Closure Date: 01/Dec/2023, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FRSOM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Somalia-Mogadiscio
Duration : Up to 6 months, with possibility of extension
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government to develop policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the Implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO’s global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO’s response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production, to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
The position is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia and the direct supervision of the International Human Resources Specialist.
The incumbents will perform a large variety of routine functions in support of human resources transactions. They will assist in the selection and recruitment processes, provide guidance in the application of policies, rules and procedures and support sound human resources practice.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the recruitment process of all categories of personnel including guiding managers on the preparation of vacancy announcements; coordinate interview arrangements with departments and applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment.
- Assist updating the recruitment tracker as they are initiated and completed.
- Ensure that the submitted mandatory documents are valid and acceptable.
- Provide briefing and debriefing to employees including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures, human resources policy-related issues.
- Handle non-routine and complex cases; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and, employment conditions, as social security, insurance, and administrative law related issues; draft correspondence for Human Resources Specialists.
- Assist in the preparation of job profiles, updating organizational chart and staffing list.
- Participate in the development and delivery of a range of employee development and training programs.
- Serve as HR focal point for routine administrative task, leave, timecard, certificates, and others.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in human resources, management, business administration, organizational development, industrial psychology, law, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration, including demonstrated experience in management and in staff servicing.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and Somali.
- National of Somalia.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus d53gEkN Dgn9WY
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in human resources, management, administration, and staff servicing.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Office 365 applications.
- Familiarity with UN Human Resources rules, regulations and administrative processes is desirable.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance: https://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.