Human Resources Coordinator – Hargeisa
Closing Date: 19 Oct 2023
Organization: Plan International
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy specifically focuses on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
The HR Coordinator will be in charge of providing transactional HR operations services to support all departments within Somalia/Somaliland CO. S/he will oversee the HR Administration and will give guidance and support in recruitment processes, contract management, onboarding support, benefits management, payroll administration, exit and clearance, staff data management, performance management and special projects.
management scope, reporting lines, key relationships
Reporting – This role will report to the Country Director
- Line managers
- All Plan International Somalia/Somaliland staff
- All Plan International Somalia/Somaliland interns
- Regional Office
- Global Hub office
- HR and benefits service providers
- Other organizations’ HR practitioners
- External candidates and job seekers
- Local labour ministry
- Local NGO HR forum
- Local partners
- Based in a typical office environment whilst in the Country Office;
- Where required, periodic travel to program units may be needed; estimated at 10%
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities
Recruitment, Selection & Separation 30%
- Collaborate with the hiring managers to coordinate manpower planning processes including upcoming positions, and staff movement forecasts to establish appropriate and timely staffing schedules;
- Provide guidance on all aspects of recruitment and selection matters and associated terms and conditions;
- Facilitate staff requisition for in HRIS from end to end;
- Prepare and process employment letters, contract agreements, acceptance of resignation, work certificates, and other letters and submit them for signature
- Update the Roster (after the recruitment process update/recode the candidate’s education status, work experience and other necessary data from the waiting list.
- Facilitate the clearance, exit Interview and Handover notes to submit them for the signature of the concerned person.
- Provide support in facilitating clearance for separating employees and ensure that the employee returns all Plan’s properties.
- Humanitarian Support the humanitarian response plans according to the Emergency Response Manual and CO Disaster Preparedness Plan
Staff Benefits (25%)
- Support in the execution of timely renewals and updates of staff data for all benefits on yearly basis;
- Through the guidance of the HR Manager undertakes staff benefits administration effectively and efficiently;
- Check and verify medical expense requests submitted by CO staff if the staff’s legal dependents are correctly registered.
- Support Staff Care and Wellbeing practices, CO context-aligned framework, and staff health and safety practices
- Communication to staff on necessary staff related issues that arise from time to time;
- Support in the exit and clearance process.
- Provide HR advisory and business partnering to the CO
- Participate in special projects such as client surveys, job evaluation etc when called upon.
- Collaborate with and provide advice to key teams and/or departments within the offices to ensure that risk identification and management strategies of the HR processes, procedures, activities and appropriate mitigating actions are developed.
Contract Management (20%)
- Ensure all newly recruited staff contracts are prepared on time;
- Ensure all offer letters capture the intended compensation package for the new staff in consultation with the Country Director.
- Preparation of contract and agreeing on reporting date then sharing with the successful candidate.
- Develop and/or implement PII frameworks and local labour law-compliant policies and procedures applicable to national employees and international assignees.
- Facilitate staff transitions as a result of retirement, redundancy or termination of contract.
Performance Management & Learning and Development 5%
- Ensure all staff have updated their performance management forms in the online system and that the objectives set have been updated in the system within the stipulated deadline;
- Ensure that all staff have completed their mid-year and end of year reviews in the system within the stipulated time.
- Participate in staff performance management process by checking in the system if the development part of the performance management has been finalized so as to lift the training needs from this data and update your line manager on monthly basis.
- Provide an update report and completion reports on status and any delays on completion of the performance management process with clear resolve on such cases.
- Provide reports on the type of trainings needed, durations and staff concerned.
- Project Management/Grants including contribution to project proposals as it relates to all people management aspects,
Staff Relations (5%)
- Use the guiding principles as per the HR Manual to mediate and resolve the issues with the parties concerned;
- Prepare reports on the resolve agreed upon on the grievance and disciplinary cases;
- Support all staff on how they can get psychosocial support as and when required;
General HR Duties (15%)
- Support new staff orientation and ensure monitoring of the process up to completion;
- Support on payroll preparation and verification;
- Support in HRIS management by providing guidance to the team and monitoring the system to ensure updated data with no gaps evident by performing periodic system checks
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures;
- Ensure that Programme implementation staff at the country office and in the field are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding policies.
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensure that Plan Somalia/Somaliland contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant proven experience as a HR generalist
- Ability to negotiate, advocate and influence effectively at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level.
- Listening, coaching and counselling skills.
- A transformative leader specifically around change and people management
- Conversant with HR online systems.
How to apply
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Disclaimer: Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.