Save the Children International
Inclusive Education Officer /SNE Officer – Dadaab, Garissa County
Closing date 25 Apr 2021
The role holder is expected to effectively implement the SC Education Programme activities in Dadaab camps. The role holder will ensure quality delivery of programmes and maintenance of high professional standards of all our Education Programmes. The role holder will be in charge of running of ABE canters and directly support the refugee teachers. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 12 Months.
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Education Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in special needs education or Diploma in Special Needs Education with minimum of 4 years’ experience in the sector.
- Diploma in primary education (Degree will be added advantage) with experience in inclusive education.
- Certificate in communication and intellectual impairments will be added advantage.
- Certified P1 teacher’s course and registered with TSC.
- Knowledge of education in emergencies, education sector policy, child rights and protection issues
- Experiences of facilitating community-based training, capacity building school managements, and awareness campaigns
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support participatory, innovative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all children and their careers
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kiswahili and the local language in the camps and the host community
- Good report writing skills.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Previous experience in working in a consortium with INGOs delivering education and girl child education services
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm for education
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Local language is desired.
- Experience of working with communities and other agencies that support education.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMDY3NjIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ…