Inclusive Politics Advisor – Dhusamareb, Galmudug, Somalia
INCLUSIVE POLITICS ADVISOR- GALMUDUG
Closing date 25 May 2021
Galmudug Federal Member State of Somalia has concluded leadership elections on February 2, 2020. The New Galmudug State leaders are mandated to administer and govern the state for the next four years and deliver the State priority policies on Inclusive politics, security & Justice, Economic development and Social Services. The President and Vice President are committed and have already embarked to lead the state to a new direction of development, stability, peaceful and prosperous state. The Vice President (VP) established a Galmudug priority delivery unit within the Presidency Office which will provide line ministries and the state house with the capacity, technical knowledge, and expertise to develop systems, human resources needed and to empower institutions for better public service delivery.
The Delivery Unit (DU) will closely work with Pillar Coordination system of the NDP9, Federal and State Ministries of Planning and other line Ministries to ensure coherence approach and complementarity of delivering GM priorities. The DU will have sector specialists in Inclusive Politics, Economic Development, Gender and Human Rights and Social Services (Disaster risk management /resilience and Health).Each sector will be led by a sector advisor, with an overall advisory team leader reporting to VP and the line ministries on day to day activities.
The Inclusive Politics Advisor will mainly focus on inclusive politics pillar in Galmudug State priorities. The Advisor is responsible for the planning, coordinating and reporting on Inclusive Politics Pillar with Federal Government and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
· Finalize the legal frameworks on establishing local authority administrations in all areas of Galmudug State, through Cabinet’s mandates.
· Establish working mechanisms between the relevant institutions under the inclusive politics and local governance pillar playing a lead role in coordination.
· Ensure cross-cutting issues are addressed in the pillar working group that is closely coordinated with various levels of the government and other relevant institutions and agencies.
· Establish a process to ensure the selection of legitimate councilors who can elect district administration leaders, with a keen eye on the 2020/21 electoral process and ensuring the Cabinet is of appropriately no interference of the process.
· Carry out local reconciliation activities prior to the establishment of local administrations in respective districts.
· The pillar will also focus on key areas with activities under Federalization, Decentralization and Reconciliation, Constitutional Review and the Electoral Process to name a few.
· Develop strategic inclusive politics goals and delivery mechanism based on Galmudug State priorities
· Coordinate international development support to Inclusive Politics development in Galmudug
· Advise Presidency and sector line Ministries on immediate and urgent priorities related to Inclusive Politics development
· Write weekly Pillar meeting notes, monthly reports and periodic assessments, evaluation and advisory papers.
· Support the Office of the Presidency in the development of the office strategic framework and work plans for program implementation to ensure the achievement of the government goals.
· Provide training, capacity building, and guidance to line Ministries and VP staff
· Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned, and share them through regular pillar reports.
· Report all administrative issues to the advisory team leader, Galmudug Presidency Office
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Monitoring and Evaluation **
· Contribute to the development of an M&E framework to identify key benchmarks and review specific milestones and indicators.
· Monitor progress of priorities and milestones.
· Reporting on all Cabinet, Pillar working group meetings through minuting sessions.
· Comprehensive Pillar 1 Strategy reflective of the pillar’s TOR, alignment with GSS Strategic Agenda and the NDP, consolidating input from relevant institutions.
· Annual work plan, 2021-2022, with implementation plan detailed with planned programmes and projects in relation to governance, outlining the planned and existing activities, roles and responsibilities, timelines, available and required resources and all stakeholders involved.
· Monthly highlights and detailed quarterly reports for the pillar working group highlighting progress, challenges encountered, and corrective actions proposed.
· Undertake the necessary revisions and adjustment to the Inclusive Politics Pillar as priorities change or milestones are achieved, through consultation of the Cabinet.
· All other related activities to be further outlined and as detailed by pillar working group.
Qualifications and Experience **
· Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or other related. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) is preferable.
· A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in political science, international relations, law, security, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required.
· Solid experience in governance, country politics and understanding of government institutions and systems.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of political sector reform requirement obtained through direct work experience in government institutions; Experience in working with and providing policy and technical advice to high ranking officials preferably Somali Government institutions.
· Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesize and clearly present complex processes and issues.
· Ability to translate strategic thinking and innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations.
· Capacity to create synergies and coordinate multiple programs and projects simultaneously.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently without supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications including oral, written and negotiating skills.
· Fluency in English and Somali language is mandatory.
· Specific experience in carrying out the functions and tasks described in this TOR
· Fluency in English both written and oral (Advanced level)
· Fluency in Somali is an asset (Native or advanced Level)
The Inclusive Politics Advisor will directly report to the DG Presidency-Office of the Vice President in Galmudug State of Somalia
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the profile stated should register and upload detailed CV and cover letter to below link:
If encountered any challenge in above link, please apply in below link:
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs