ISP Field Technician (4 Positions) – HowlWadaag District, Mogadishu, Somalia
ISP Field Technician – HowlWadaag District, Mogadishu, Somalia
ISP Field Technician – Hawle Wadag District, Somalia
Ref No : ISP/HQ/June/2021
Title: ISP Field Technician
Available Positions : 4
Location : Hawle Wadag District
Experience : 7 Years
Category: IT & TELECOMMUNICATION
ADDED ON : 02 JUN 2021
APPLY BY : 14 JUN 2021
The occupant of this position would be a qualified telecoms field engineer capable of surveying, designing and installing ISP transmission and controls equipment.
The following are the specific attributes and qualifications demanded of the candidate,
- Show proactive, relentless ownership of operational and financial KPIs.
- Have the ability and willingness to follow systems and processes.
- Have an attitude of ownership, accountability and quality.
- Buy into the Amtel! mission, vision and core values.
- Be Transparent, Truthful and honest.
- Be Customer centric.
- Believe in Customer > Company > Team > Individual.
- Have exceptional demonstrable troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Be a self-starter capable of taking on key roles with minimal supervision and guidance and delivering them through to a successful conclusion.
- Have structured, logical and structured approach
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills and openly communicate when issues arise and not just when issues are discovered.
- Take risks and push what is possible.
- Think and acts like an owner of the organization.
- Act in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards. Most Important knowledge base we focusing:
- Mikrotik hotspot familiar
- Cabling professional
- Able to know Rack mounting
- Able to configure and install all Ubiquity devices
- Able to Understand fiber optic
- Have the switches knowledge.
- Must have ISP Experience installations and maintenance.
- Able to make large scale ISP Installations.
- Able to Understand Interferences and way of preventing.
- Able to have the skill to configure cisco routers and Switches.
- Able to configure 2.4GHZ Outdoor Wirelesses Skills and qualification
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science (Field of Networking) or Information Technology In addition to that professional Certifications is required such as CISCO Certifications with minimum CCNA and CCNP with pass online exams. Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience is required English fluent is required
- Commercial awareness
- Problem Solving
- Capable of working in all temperatures and climates
- Able to perform physical tasks for the entire assigned work shift
- Responsible for performing customer site visits.
- Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing ISP standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of installations and maintenance.
- This job requires frequent travel (50-75%) inside and surrounding Benadir Region and some could be further outside of Mogadishu
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures.
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- On-site installations
- Perform new customer installations quickly and efficiently in compliance with the assigned installation schedule
- Ensure the installs are performed to the highest quality possible in terms of physical installation & optimal technical service delivery
- Minimise failed survey rates at all times
- Be responsible for consistently delivering high quality customer installations.
- Be responsible for conducting high quality ISP surveys and determining the most optimal location for installation equipment to give the customer the best possible service once connected.
- Configure and Install all Customer Premises Equipment covering, home and business broadband as well as public Access Points for the Amtel Company! network where necessary.
- Typically, install roof mounted antenna, cabling to an in-building router location and mains socket power connection with PoE Injector to rooftop.
- Ensure a quality activation and installation.
- Ensure that all company supplied equipment and tools are taken care of and maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Follow installation and maintenance processes as defined.
- Document all installation activities to ensure quality work across the company.
- Ensure all customers are fully trained and informed on all aspects of the service before leaving any installation.
- Ensure all installations are signed off and accepted by the customers.
- Decommission / recover equipment from customers no longer needing the service.
- Ensures adherence to workplace Health & Safety requirements
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs