IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE) – Mogadishu, Somalia
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Opening Date: 5th May 2021 Closing Date: 18th May 2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the
world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the
2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified
only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Area Office and overall supervision of the ICT Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge and build awareness of industry developments.
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Receive and inspect all incoming assets for Cash-based Transfers (CBT) and report discrepancies to senior colleagues and partner Units (Programme, Logistics, Administration, Finance, Procurement).
- Perform basic beta testing and support the rollout of new versions of centrally supported systems to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives in order to support senior officers in running these systems.
- With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material such as training documentation and web content, to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Respond to queries from users, understand and resolve issues, and ensure technology (TEC) policies, procedures, systems and tools are accurately applied to support them.
- Support the capability building of staff through the organization and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in TEC.
- Receive lists of potential mobile money beneficiaries from DAS Lead or alternate, review, compare and validate names from SCOPE against those from the Mobile Network Operator.
- Perform other ICT related duties as assigned.
Other Post Requirements
- Accept responsibility for all Scope equipment under custody, ensuring its functionality and accountability;
- Document all equipment loans to Partners and Traders in accordance with corporate standards;
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is being processed for repair as soon as the fault is discovered;
- Support Partners with Point-Of-Sale (POS) devices by providing training to Traders, Cooperating Partners and other Partner Humanitarian Agencies;
- Closely follow-up with Global Scope Service Desk on all ICT issues and in collaboration with the dedicated ICT Officer – Operations;
- Ensure that all technical information is shared timely to all team members.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
At least three years of progressively responsible work experience in the implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas. Basic training and/or experience in standard WFP Beneficiary and Transfers Management systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven knowledge and ability to effectively use basic software packages and commonly used office equipment. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures governing ICT services.
- Knowledge of IT service desk tools and operational procedures is advantageous.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs