World Food Programme (WFP)
IT Solutions Officer, Consultant I – Mogadishu, Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 830251
Job Title: IT SOLUTIONS OFFICER
Contract Type/Grade: Consultant, Level I
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract Duration: 11 Months
Date of Issue: 9th November 2023
Closing Date: 24th November 2023
WFP Somalia Country Office is looking for an IT solutions Officer to be based at the country office in Mogadishu, Somalia. He/she will provide technical expertise in the design and development of efficient and innovative integrated IT solutions meeting WFP’s business needs and standards.
As part of the TEC team, the IT Solutions Officer will report to the head of TEC.
WHAT WILL YOU DO? (not all-inclusive)
- Develop and deploy IT systems aligned with business needs ensuring compliance with WFP IT policies, procedures and overall information management strategy.
- Participate in identifying business needs and propose well-researched ideas (by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology products) for new or improved systems and solutions that assist in meeting WFP objectives.
- Represent the Country Office on discussions, projects and ongoing initiatives ensuring business requirements are captured.
- Create detailed technical specifications for both new and existing applications, ensuring they can be traced back to the original requirements. Adopt thorough technical documentation to maintain quality and accuracy while covering all functionality.
- Install, configure and customize IT systems, integrate and migrate data between systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to WFP standards for existing applications and provide early life support, manage incoming developments, and maintain and support these solutions for proper use.
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management / Common Feedback Mechanism (CRM/CFM) solution deployed at the County Office ensuring compliance with corporate requirements and adherence to the corporate roadmap for this solution.
- Provide support to users, analyze and resolve issues and enhance IT systems following IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide training on IT functionalities, both new and existing, and offer ongoing user support to enhance capacity development.
- Contribute to technical specifications in accordance with WFP rules and regulations to facilitate the procurement of IT products and services.
- Work with the Data Analyst to collate and analyze data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
- Engage with business units to identify, design and implement business process automation tools using Office365, EasyVISTA or customized source code.
- Develop flows according to corporate guidelines hosted on corporate Sharepoint site adopting low code or no code where possible.
- Collaborate with vendor technical teams to oversee both existing and new software developments by offering SDLC technical recommendations and guidelines to maintain quality and compliance with WFP corporate standards and tools. Ensure the reliability of these solutions when hosted on platforms like Amazon AWS, MS Azure, or other hosting environments. Additionally, manage vendor Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to support solutions currently hosted in these environments.
- Oversee transition of on-premise applications to cloud infrastructure ensuring little to no services remain on premise.
- Perform other ICT related duties as assigned.
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE?
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in the development of flows and automation, applications, and/or databases.
- Has collated data and prepared reports on IT/TC investment and costs to facilitate decision-making by stakeholders.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced training and/or experience in software development, business analysis and client support.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is an international position and candidates must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment. (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- This position is based in Mogadishu, the selected candidate will be required to relocate to take up the assignment.
- The contract duration is 11 months (initial)
How to apply
- Create your profile on E-Recruitment, apply and submit your application.
- Please note, the only documents required at this stage is your CV and cover letter.
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 24th November 2023 (Midnight – East African Time).
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.