Local Security Assistant – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Job Posting : Apr 11, 2021, 1:31:15 PM
Closing Date : Apr 26, 2021, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location : Hargeisa
Organization : EM_SOM WHO Representative’s Office, Somalia
Schedule : Full-time
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:1. In collaboration with UN Department of Safety & Security (UNDSS) in the area and the FSO; evaluate and monitor existing security measures for the safeguarding of staff, visitors, WHO property and premises. Monitor adherence to UN Security Management System procedures and practice; identify gaps and recommend solutions and/or arrange for their improvement.2. Review and monitor the premises security and evacuation plans for the safeguarding of staff, provide briefing on any new security measures and instructions.3. Support the operations and management of the Warden System, including the conduct of exercises and administer the Emergency Communications System.4. Participate in organizing and delivering security briefings and training courses on security awareness and preparedness in his/her area and arrange for security briefings for newly appointed staff and visitors.5. Report security incidents affecting WHO staff, offices and assets and assist the FSO in investigations, preparation of security reports in a timely manner according to UNSMS guidelines.6. Attends security cell meetings and other security-related activities of UN in his/her area.7. Respond to staff security emergencies, provide general administrative assistance in the WHO security office and perform other security-related duties as required.8. Establish and maintain effective relations, cooperation and liaison with local authorities and UN security cell members on issues of security.9. Maintains required databases such as updated guidelines, measures, standards and policies, staff lists, etc.10, Timely initiate and finalize action for security clearances for internal and external travel of staff and visitors.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by training in security management.
Desirable: University degree with focus on security management and/or business administration, international relations, social sciences or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least eight years of relevant experience in security operations and management.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system or NGO or INGO experience
– Excellent ability to work and deliver quality results in pressing situations and conflicting priorities.- Ability to effectively train and provide guidance to other staff. – Stress and time management skills with a good sense of urgency.- Knowledge of UN field security operations and policies is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Setting an example
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 18,553 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.