Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Localized Content Creation Officer for Micro Mentor Somali platform – Jijiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Localized Content Creation Officer for Micro Mentor Somali platform
Mercy Corps Ethiopia
MicroMentor is an initiative of the Mercy Corps Innovations Team. This easy to use online platform enables the world’s largest community of purpose-driven entrepreneurs and business mentors to create powerful connections solve problems and build successful businesses together. At MicroMentor, our mission is to leverage the power of mentoring to help small businesses thrive. We strive to overcome geographical limitations and deliver business resources at scale to under-resourced communities around the globe, in one-to-many mentoring forums and meaningful one-on-one relationships. Entrepreneurs matched with a mentor have shown significant results in terms of improved job creation, business survival, and revenue growth.
Project/Consultancy Title: Localized Content Creation Officer for Micro Mentor Somali platform
Project Location(s): EthiopiaPurpose / Project Description:
MicroMentor was recently launched in the Somali language to serve entrepreneurs and mentors from Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia. Historically, MicroMentor’s main channel to reach users has been through digital marketing (paid advertising through different channels such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.). To expand our presence in the region, we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and motivatedContent Creation Officer that is actively looking for ways to engage more Somali speaking entrepreneurs and mentors to join the MicroMentor community.
To be successful in this role, the Content Creation Officer should have exceptional writing, storytelling and research skills (in both English and Somali). The ideal Content Creation Officer is creative, proactive, organized, and someone who enjoys being in front of the camera.
Develop and localize social media pages, local media content and other promotional outreach methods to proactively engage entrepreneurs and mentors on the Somali MicroMentor platform.
The consultant will:
- Create and edit original copy that is accurate, well researched, and meets MicroMentor deadlines, including videos, advertisement copy, select images, and other materials.
- Conduct interviews with MicroMentor team members, users, and other stakeholders to gather relevant information.
- Gather and write success stories, quotes, and select images that will be used for digital marketing campaigns and other purposes, both in English and Somali.
- Learn and research the audience and successful channels in the Somali region to create and develop the most impactful messaging.
- Assist in other aspects of the creative writing or research processes to develop cohesive and accurate content.
- Understands and thoughtfully considers the cultural context while creating content to ensure translation is appropriate and acceptable by the user community.
The consultant will:
- Provide soft copies of all developed content both in English and Somali
- Provide written weekly updates to Mercy Corps’ local team
Timeframe / Schedule:
- 10-12 weeks from the Date of Hire to the date of Final Delivery.
- We expect that the firm will share final drafts of all promotional content for a quality assurance check with Mercy Corps’ local team.
To apply to this consultancy the consultant is required to have:
· BA in Communications, or related field.
· Demonstrated writing and communications skills in Somali and English.
· Empathetic and able to establish rapport with users in different countries, and other stakeholders.
· Strong attention to detail, organization, flexibility and motivation.
· Proven experience crafting and implementing engaging creative concepts across major social media platforms (FB, IG, TW, Pinterest, etc.), previous experience with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises preferred.
· Proven experience running Facebook/Instagram ads.
· Experience in content creation formats (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, and design templates in Canva or Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, IG, FB live, etc.).
· Consistently up to date with trends and culture while growing personal copy skills/craft.
· Passion for marketing and eager to create engaging content.
· Passion for entrepreneurship.
How to Apply
Along with your application, please share examples of your most recent work in both the English and Somali languages (digital promotional content).
The Consultant will report to:
Mahlet Seifu-Team Lead
Nimona Birhanu-Senior MSD Advisor
Liban Aydid- MSD Specialist
And work closely with Senior Marketing and Digital Manager and Global Programs Coordinator
Please submit Technical and Financial proposal to Mercy Corps Addis Ababa office Yeka Sub-City, Kebele 08, House No. 377; Hayahulet, Tel. 011-1-110777, P. O. Box 14319 OR
You can send by firstname.lastname@example.org till 17th April 2021 10:00 am
Ø Consultants should be in good standing with any Ethiopian taxation or legal authority; and should submit renewed business license, TIN and VAT registration certificate;
Ø Mercy corps will deduct applicable taxes from the total amount to be paid as per the National tax law and please mention if price is including VAT or not (if applicable)
Ø Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject the bid fully or partially; and proposals submitted after this date may not be considered.