Logistics & Data Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
Logistics and Data Officer
Concern Worldwide is an international, non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position
Job Title: Logistics & Data Officer
Reports to: Transport and Logistics Manager
Liaises with: All programme staff
Job Location: Mogadishu
Contract Details: 1 Year contract (renewable depending funding availability).
To manage the Concern logistics spreadsheet and procurement documentation to ensure that all paperwork is complete, suppliers are paid in a timely manner, and that all relevant parties are regularly appraised of the status of purchase requests. To manage the Concern store, oversee all deliveries and release of goods into and out of the store, and ensure that stock cards and other paperwork are always up to date.
Maintain the general principles of stock control for Concern warehouses and ensuring the storage facilities are adequate and correspond to programme needs.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Manage logistics database:
- Record authorized supplies requests in the SR/Procurement Tracker, update status and provide weekly reports to the relevant programme staff.
- Receive, enter, and maintain updated data for all Release Requests.
- Develop and maintain the logistics filing systems and documentation effectively in line with Concern procedures.
- Ensure proper utilisation of all logistical documents; GDN, GRN, Release Request, Stock cards, etc of the Somalia programme.
- Effectively manage Concern stores in Mogadishu ensuring effective receipt, storage, packaging, dispatch and delivery of supplies, and proper documentation of all stages of warehousing process.
- Maintain regular stock movement in and out of the stores and up-to-date stock cards for all items accordingly.
- Record and report any stock damages, discrepancies, or shortages
- Responsible for ensuring that the stock is stored in a secure manner and protected at all times.
- Ensure accountability of the goods in the store and safekeeping of the store keys all the time.
- On a monthly basis, disseminate stock report showing up to date status of stock movements for all Concern Somalia Programme stores
- Manage tracking of dispatched goods with relevant agents/transporters/staff and provide regular updates as required by field team.
- Ensures adequate controls are in place for stock management such (spot checks, records, etc.)
- Ensure that stock dispatched to distribution sites or health centres and partners are accounted for and distribution records and delivery notes fully reconcile
- Line manage the Storekeeper where appropriate
- Ensure warehousing and store handling procedures are single-handedly and all salient aspects are in place.
- Ensure store housekeeping, pest control, and other arrangements necessary for stock safety are carried on regular basis and meet Concern standards.
- Arrange additional warehousing space required due to program demands or expansion.
- Responsible for organizing and managing suitable labourers to efficiently move stocks in consultation with the Logs Manager or Coordinator and HR/Admin department.
- Assist on the efforts to get Customs Clearance for in-coming shipments including organising documentations required for tax exemptions or customs clearance and liaising with Clearance Agents.
- Ensure lease agreement for Concern warehouses are renewed and related payments processed in a timely manner
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety, and security guidelines during emergencies
In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
- Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behavior is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
- University Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Diploma in data management and/or warehouse management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Commitment and sympathetic to Concern’s goal, values and principles
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, excel and database management packages.
- At least three (3) years of work experience with an international NGO in a similar role
- Certificate from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, UK or similar institution
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter and updated CV contacts) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Logistics and Data Officer” by Wednesday 22nd November 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace
in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com