Media Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD
Job Title: Media Officer
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a Media Officer who has a wide range of technical knowledge, follow-up, and supervision of field information teams, and assignment of tasks in coordination with the field team officer
- Documenting all work and activities, he is entrusted with videos, pictures and reports according to the department’s monthly work plan.
- Facilitating the work of field teams and securing the security link to the beneficiary areas, and securing photographic approvals from the concerned authorities
- Processing videos, photos, and reports and submitting them to the media section of the association and preparing success stories continuously.
- Full archiving of all videos and photos regularly, according to the archiving system used by the International Association for the Care of Victims of Wars and Disasters.
- implement the information strategy for the IRVD’s projects.
- Definition and allocation of functions and responsibilities of the Field Information Team
- Writing and coordinating human and success stories of reviewed and utilized cases of the Organization’s services
- Daily reports on the tasks and work done during the day to manage the project and the technical media officer
- Submitting daily reports on the tasks and work accomplished during the day to the head office’s Media souper fairer
- Direct coordination with the project manager and technical media officer
- Communicating with media organizations (international, Arab, and local) to invite them periodically to cover the activities of the Center and establish the necessary reports on that.
- Dissemination of news reports and press releases on the activities and achievements of the project to news agencies and related agencies
- Any tasks that may be requested from the technical media officer by the job position.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Highly organized with strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate complex program activities and diverse staff
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Three years of professional experience in the media department
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com