Austrian Development Agency
MID-TERM EVALUATION – IGAD PROMOTING PEACE AND SECURITY IN THE HORN OF AFRICA REGION (IPPSHAR) – Djibouti & Ethiopia
The Austrian Development Agency has been delegated to manage funding allocated by the European Union for the support of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) under the EU Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF), Horn of Africa window, for a project titled “IGAD Promoting Peace and Stability in the Horn of Africa Region (IPPSHAR)”. The Action is implemented by ADA in partnership with the IGAD Peace and Security Division (PSD) and its units and specialized institutions in the period from 24 March 2018 to 23 December 2022.
ADA is commissioning a Mid-term Evaluation for IPPSHAR, serving the main purpose of assessing the project’s progress, documenting and compiling lessons from the design phase and first 36 months of project implementation (April 2018 through March 2021) in preparation for implementing the remainder of the project.
See the full description and Terms of Reference at:https://www.entwicklung.at/fileadmin/user_upload/Dokumente/Calls/2021/IPPSHAR/IPPSHAR_Mid-Term_Eval_ToR_Final_DeadlineExt.pdf
A technical offer of max. 8 pages, including:
● A cover letter with expression of interest and a brief description of relevant previous experiences in evaluations, qualitative data collection and planning and conducting semi-structured interviews;
● A proposed methodology, presenting the overall approach and methods suggested for the conduct of the evaluation;
● A work plan, with estimated working days for each phase of the evaluation and division of tasks between the team members;
● A brief Curriculum Vitae (CV, in EU standard format) of the evaluator/each team member, including references;
A financial offer (max. 2 pages), including:
● Expert fees incl. estimated number of working days for each team member;
● Other expenses, including travel expenses
● VAT, if applicable
Austrian Development Agency (ADA) invites eligible and qualified interested experts to submit their non-binding proposal/applications in English language indicating “Mid-Term Evaluation IPPSHAR” in the subject line via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 18th April 2021 by 23:59 EAT (Addis Ababa time) and 22:59 CEST (Vienna time). Tenders submitted in another form or to another e-mail account will be excluded from the procedure.