Moderator – Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date: 21 Jun 2021
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The MOD of the Federal Republic of Somalia with the assistance of the EU will conduct a training workshop on good governance & accountability. The workshop will target the upper echelons of the MOD & SNAF as they have primary responsibility for upholding the rule of law within their respective organisations.
- The workshop will be coordinated by the UNSOM – HRPG, as the leading actor on human rights related matters & the ICRC in order to pool human resources & offer the MOD a comprehensive training package.
It is intended that the workshop shall:
- Remain Somali led & Somali owned (notably by the Department of Human Rights, Gender & Child Protection).
- Aim primarily at enhancing accountability in the defence sector through awareness raising amongst MOD & SNAF leaderships.
- Focus on respect, protection, promotion & compliance of SSF with IHRL, gender & minority rights, IHL & international standards of ethics & conduct in line with the HRDDP on UN support for non UN security forces.
Purpose & scope of assignment:
- The Moderator role is to facilitate and moderate the 4 day workshop.
As a Moderator your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Making a concerted effort to be the first to arrive in the venue, conduct a brief sound check to make sure all the microphones & AV equipment is working.
- Defining group boundaries & rules.
- Ensure there is a friendly atmosphere in the room.
- Encourage participants to share.
- Coordinate with the EUTM – S advisory team to ensure the smooth running of the workshop.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Security experience and/or minimum of years of demonstrable relevant Training experience.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Undergraduate Degree in Security, Human Rights or Social Sciences.
- Fluent in English & Somali is essential.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profiles.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link:
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs