Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to provide technical and administrative leadership to develop the framework, plans, and indicators for all projects of the institution to ensure the collection, analysis, and reporting of quality data and to supervise all M&E department staff in agreement with the other department directors. The M&E Coordinator will help apply organization rules and principles to improve the satisfaction, quality, and reliability of the information system and strengthen decision-making capacity.
- Coordinate with program teams to develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plans and work with the donor on its implementation and updating
- Track and analyze project indicators and other useful statistics to prepare high-quality, timely reports using the recommended formats
- Provide participatory leadership and integrated M&E direction to ensure that all projects achieve their goals and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation by the M&E guidelines, protocols, information, and reporting systems
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with M&E department staff
- Providing technical advice and guidance on qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods analytical studies and activities
- Preparing and producing periodic MEAL reports
- Performing any other tasks requested by the direct manager.
- Supervising the quality performance of projects
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to share experiences and lessons and brainstorm ways of applying new learning
- Manage overall activities of the MEAL in Somalia
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining databases
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- High level of proficiency in Excel and knowledge of anyone Statistical Software
- Ability to draft and edit good analytical reports and other M&E documents.
- Ability to provide capacity building in M&E
Skills and Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in evaluation, development studies, economics, statistics, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years (with an undergraduate degree) of professional experience working in M&E or information management or project management positions in an NGO.
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, experience and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com