Population Services International (PSI)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Advert for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
REPORTS TO: Administratively to the Field Manager and Technically to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
LOCATION: Garowe, Puntland state of Somalia
CLOSING DATE: 25th November 2023
Population Services International (PSI), is the world’s leading non -profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to health services and products. In Somalia, PSI is providing technical assistance to the Federal Ministry of Health in the roll-out of the Female Health Worker (FHW) program, across the Federal Member States. The program aims to strengthen the delivery of high-impact community-based primary health care services and provide technical assistance to the Ministries of health
PSI is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and innovation-driven Monitoring and evaluation officer to support the implementation of the Female Health Workers (FHW) Program in Puntland State. Reporting Administratively to the Field Manager and Technically to the Senior M&E Specialist, the Health Field Manager will be responsible for overseeing all the operational and program activities in Southwest state. The M& E Officer will be part of the PSI’s program team, managing the FHW program in Garowe , Puntland state of Somalia.
- Support the Field Manager and Senior M&E Specialist with project monitoring and reporting
- Monitor progress in the implementation and results of the projects against the project objectives and indicators
- Promote and support the quality assurance of all project interventions.
- Participate in performance review meetings
- Use electronic-based forms to facilitate data collection process and reporting
- Ensure the quality of data meet the program standards
- Draft quality M&E reports
- Maintain data platform for the FHW Program
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of lessons learned
- Closely with the digital health Manager in data collection and analysis
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Support the Senior Programme Manager and digital health manager in the generation of reliable data, to strengthen project implementation.
- Undertake and oversee regular field monitoring and evaluation visits in coordination with the Senior M&E Specialist and Field Manager to ensure technical and operational compliance and timely execution of the program.
- Lead on field data collection, analysis, and report writing, with support from the senior M&E specialist and Digital health Manager.
Minimum qualification and professional experiences required:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Public Health, Social Science, Information Technology, Geographic Information Systems, Economics, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ relevant work professional experience in designing and developing Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Accountability strategy, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience in implementation of M&E system for health, preferable in public sector
- Possess excellent technical skills in health research
- Experience in managing data at the source including HMIS data collection, data entry, and processing
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation sound quantitative and qualitative skills (managing, analysis & interpretation of data), with a focus on building the capacity of others in these skills
- Experience using data for decision making, coaching / mentoring others to use data for decision making, and generating analytics for data-based decision making
- Experience adapting tools, guidelines, and systems to improve data analysis and management
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships, highly skilled in using statistical programs, with experience in training and facilitation of M&E activities
- Fully proficient in the following software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Excellent communication skills in both English and Somali languages are required
How to apply
If you think you are a great fit, please submit your application and detailed resume to email@example.com with the subject line “M&E Officer- Garowe” the closing date for application is 25th November 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Qualified Somali female candidates are encouraged to apply.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org