World Vision International
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Position Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Category: Programme Effectiveness
Deadline: 20th July 2021
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will provide technical support to the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) project team. With coordinated support from the Regional MEAL Managers, the position holder will effectively lead and coordinate the MEAL activities for the USAID funded BHA project across all project locations. S/he will represent and coordinate learning from Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Cash working group work-stream at national level. S/he will closely work with Regional MEAL Managers, particularly the one responsible for Food and Cash programming to operationalize quality standards and learning emerging from BHA project and M&E Cash working group.
- Project and monitoring & evaluation systems design.
- Program reporting and donor compliance.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation tools are implemented to track and measure project performance.
- Partners capacity building and management.
- External engagement, collaboration and coordination.
- Research, knowledge management and learning.
- Ensure accountability mechanisms at project level are in place and functional to achieve measurable improvement in community engagement, information-sharing, coordination, complaints and response handling.
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in relevant technical field (Monitoring & Evaluation/ Agricultural Sciences/ Public Health/ Humanitarian Protection/ International Development/ International Relations,)
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of development issues, humanitarian emergency affairs, preferably with experience in developing countries.
- DM&E training with practical experience of at least 5 years. Specific training on donor reporting requirements also required.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian standards (SPHERE).
- Demonstrate superior project cycle management skills, including the ability to plan, track progress, match activity plans with budgets, and follow donor regulations.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills. Possess exceptional English language skills, particularly writing skills.
- Presentation skills and experience in delivering M&E training programs for teams.
- Computer skills with data analysis packages i.e. SPSS, STATA, Excel, ACCESS,
- Ability to apply IT and mobile platforms for M&E.
- Experience of working and living in developing or fragile contexts.
The position is 60% office-based in Hargeisa, Somaliland and 40% domestic/international travel may be required.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs