Save the Children International Kenya
Nutrition Officer – Garissa County
Closing Date: 29 APR 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Nutrition Officer. The role holder will be responsible in day-to-day implementation of nutrition interventions in the emergency programme. S/he will play a critical role in the scale up of IMAM services, BFHI and IMAM surge model as well promotion of optimum maternal, infant and young child practices at community level. The position holder will work closely with the county health department and the local partner to strengthen health system support for improved quality of care. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Contract Duration: 12 months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Nutrition Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in BSC Nutrition, food security or related field.
- Qualified nutritionist registered with KNDI
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience in Nutrition Programming.
- Good understanding of the MOH and county health departments, particularly integration of donor funded programmes into county plans.
- Effective working relationships with stakeholders from government agencies, international organisations, donors, academics and opinion-leaders.
- Experience in training and capacity building.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the nutrition and health field.
- Good presentation and persuasion skills.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and values.
- Excellent understanding of child rights programming.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
Important Safety Tips
1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs